Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4035
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission Fluid Level" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiMar-26-06 08:49 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4035, "Transmission Fluid Level"

Hi,
Sorry but quick question on checking the fluid level: When is it best to check the tranny fluid level on the car? Cold? Running cold? warm? running warm? Hot? I've only checked it while it was cold and it was definetly exceeding the recommended level. I havnt tried running it yet because i was afraid i might damage the tranny. I had an incident where my tranny line slipped off and lost a certain amount of fluid, causing my gears to slip. I added about 3-4 quarts of tranny fluid while the car was running so that the pump could get some fluid. So right now im just trying to figure out what the best way to find an accurate reading for my level was. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ChamukoMar-27-06 06:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4036, "RE: Transmission Fluid Level"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to find a flat level surface to park your car in. It should be running and warm. go through all the selections on the shifter , I.e. P - N-R-2-1- and back to P.Then you go check the level, car still on in Park and Parking brake on.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4035 Previous topic | Next topic