Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4010
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transfer shaft snap ring.....how to remove?" Previous topic | Next topic
jam013200Feb-28-06 03:49 PM
Member since Jun 26th 2005
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4010, "Transfer shaft snap ring.....how to remove?"

I want to remove the transfer shaft to clean/check the bearings during my atx rebuild. I bought some snap ring pliers and I am having trouble getting the snap ring out. I can get the ring to squeeze together but when I try to pull out the ring the pliers slip off. Is there any trick to getting the ring out or do I just have to keep working at it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ChamukoMar-02-06 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4011, "RE: Transfer shaft snap ring.....how to remove?"
In response to Reply # 0

There are different sized pliers and ones with angled heads. Sure your using the right one?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4010 Previous topic | Next topic