Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3908
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can our tranny adopt to the driving stiles?" Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaDec-27-05 02:14 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3908, "Can our tranny adopt to the driving stiles?"

Well I know mine doesn't do it. I hate how it always shifts at the same points, if it is .5 mile below the required shift it will not shift.

Since this tranny has been extensively used on cars all over chrysler line up there got to be a car that has adoptive transmissions software. So is there? I read all about the stickomatic attempts but I don't care about that if our tranny can accommodate different driving styles it would be better that shifting by hand.

Why I say that cuz my moms sonata has the manual gear selection and when in full auto mode transmission adjusts to ur driving style and it is absolutely amazing if it senses you are getting on it starts shifting gears down by itself just as I think about it... very cool no need for manual selection (which still up shifts when u get to redline or doesn’t let u up shift if u r going to slow etc...)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

alain95i4Dec-27-05 05:12 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3909, "RE: Can our tranny adopt to the driving stiles?"
In response to Reply # 0

it does to a certain level but remember that the tcm was conceived in the late 80's with a revision in the mid 90's they are not up to date with the intelligence of today's car computer

you could try resetting it by disconnecting the battery for 10 to 15 minutes

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gramozekaDec-29-05 01:55 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#3910, "RE: Can our tranny adopt to the driving stiles?"
In response to Reply # 1

Are u talking about it adopting to wear and tear of the tranny? Anyway i thought if they made it autostick for other cars why wouldn't they put some fuzzy logic in there... would be mad cool if we could just flash and get an upgraded tranny with learning Disregarding of my driving styles the behavior of my tranny is always the same I don't know if it's good or bad some times when it holds gears a bit too long it is good for spirited driving but other times when it holds them for ever in traffic it's really annoying. Oh well it works fine for now so i am happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs, and UDP
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3908 Previous topic | Next topic