Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3838
View in linear mode

Subject: "Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
98TalonMay-31-02 10:14 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3838, "Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"

Guys, I have searched and searched and searched... if one of you could please give me a link to the thread or explain changing our tranny fluid I would really appreciate it... sorry to take up space... I just got the fluid from the dealership... now I need to know what to do. TIA

Adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, Dave_FL, May-31-02 10:19 AM, #1
RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, 98Talon, May-31-02 10:28 AM, #2
RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, fasterGS, May-31-02 10:48 AM, #3
      RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, 98Talon, May-31-02 11:15 AM, #4
           RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, run4cvr, May-31-02 12:32 PM, #5
                RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, vegasdsmr, May-31-02 04:36 PM, #6
                     RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, 98Talon, May-31-02 06:02 PM, #7
                          RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, run4cvr, Jun-01-02 04:37 AM, #8
                               RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, HadesOmega, Jun-01-02 05:42 AM, #9
                                    RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, Soopa, Oct-21-05 11:56 AM, #10
                                         RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!, shazow1969, Oct-21-05 09:58 PM, #11

Dave_FLMay-31-02 10:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3839, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

If you have a manual transmission you never have to change the fluid.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

98TalonMay-31-02 10:28 AM
1096 posts,
#3840, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

ummmm... what? yeah... there are people talking about it all over this bored... you're telling me it doesn't have to happen? huh?

adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

fasterGSMay-31-02 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3841, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

>If you have a manual transmission you never have to change
>the fluid.

Yeah but try to taking your broken tranny back to mitsu, they look at the records and say "well it shows you didnt change your transmission fluid, warranty VOID!!"

98TalonMay-31-02 11:15 AM
1096 posts,
#3842, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

exactly... back to the point at hand... how do I do this?

adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

run4cvrMay-31-02 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#3843, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

It's pretty simple. Go to Satan get the manual transmission fluid (not gear oil), get a funnel with a long extension hose. Jack up car, pull drivers side tire off. To the right of the axle is a plastic plug, pull it out. Then loosen the drain bolt, it is on the very bottom of the tranny, towards the motor (if i remember correctly). Let it drain, then put the drain bolt back in. Then put 2.3 quarts in, or until it overflows. Put everything back together and drive and check for leaks. I changed mine because i was having problems shifting. After i did, no more problems...

John 96 GS

vegasdsmrMay-31-02 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#3844, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i got mine changed this week actually... i bought BG synchroshift from www.machv.com awhile back, and never got around to it durin my 60k maintenance..

stopped by jiffylube about a week ago, and rapped w/the old guy who was changin oil... asked if he'd take care of me, and he did...

20 bux later, and about 10 minutes of bullshitten got me hookd up...

i wudda done it myself, but i prolly saved a cuple hours by havin them do it for me...

good luck...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

98TalonMay-31-02 06:02 PM
1096 posts,
#3845, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

ummm... Satan gave me 75W-90 gear lube... is this not what I need?

Adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

run4cvrJun-01-02 04:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#3846, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

This is off the label, Manual Transmission Fluid for the NV-T350 transaxle. I paid about $14 a quart...

John 96 GS

HadesOmegaJun-01-02 05:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3847, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

yeah your suppose to change it after 60k, ATF you have to change pretty frequently but manual tranny is 60k. If you noticed that your tranny is shifting like crap and has the crunchy shifter syndrome then you should change the fluid or top it off. Changed mine to BG syncroshift around 60k and noticed a much bigger difference in shifting, shifters getting a little crunchy now though so I gotta top it off I think. If possible try to the car the most level when you change the fluid. because if the car is tilted or something the fluid will spill out of the filler hole but you can get more fluid in there if the car is level. I've noticed that because when I open the filler and it's been filled on a lift the fluid just blasts out O_o

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

SoopaOct-21-05 11:56 AM
Member since May 02nd 2005
4 posts,
#3848, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

How do i change the automatic transmission fluid?

shazow1969Oct-21-05 09:58 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#3849, "RE: Changing Tranny Fluid... SORRY!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Soopa
How do i change the automatic transmission fluid?

When you do the auto you replace your tranny filter at the same time.
First jack it up and get it on stands then get a large drain pan. Place pan under tranny and remove the tranny pan (make sure you have the filter kit that includes the gasket before you do this).
Then allow all the fluid to dump into the large drain pan the easy way to do this is to remove all the perimiter bolts and leave the ones closest to the corners on either end. Then loosen those 4 all about half way out and free up the pan then remove the 2 from the end you want to drop and dump from. Then remove the other 2 and dump what's still in the pan.
Once you get the pan down remove the old filter located inside there, and reinstall your new one. Next you can clean up your tranny pan with some solvent and remove any gasket material from the pan's flange and from the transmission flange.
You don't have to but if you want to (depending mostly on the material of the replacement pan gasket) use RTV to help hold the gasket to the pan during installation and seal it afterwards.torque the pan bolts back to specification (DO NOT over tighten it will damage the gasket).
Set the car back down and use a funnel to add your ATF through the transmission Dipstick Tube. Add til you have it onto the dipstick then start the car and check and add as you would normally.
Once your tranny is full take it for a drive around the block and then check the level again. Top off as needed. then go drink a beer.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3838 Previous topic | Next topic