Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3823
View in linear mode

Subject: "update on my Pt Cruiser Turbo atx swap" Previous topic | Next topic
alain95i4Oct-04-05 03:16 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3823, "update on my Pt Cruiser Turbo atx swap"

so far it's working and I love it
the shift are firm and I'm under the impression that the final drive is lower
I swapped it at the same as my 2.4 engine
I had to use the old torque converter because the bigger one of the pt turbo tranny doesn't bolt on my old flexplate and the pt turbo flexplate doesn't work with the 2.0 starter
somewhere this winter I will swap the big tc back in and use a pt turbo starter

it took me a few hours to figure out how to rewire my 1995 year model harness to the 2003 range switch system
I only connected 2 wires on the tranny connector and connected 2 wires together

however I have a problem that I need to find asap
my overdrive isn't working anymore and if I play with the switch on the shifter stick the OD OFF warning light in the dash doesn't show either it's like I don't have any voltage on the od switch system
also I used to see a voltage on 2 of the range selector wires which aren't there anymore I may have blow something while playing with the filter

many peoples told me that using a recent tranny with an old computer wouldn't work I prouve them wrong so far (except for my OD ...)

the pt turbo tranny is available in 2 versions
the full 230 hp pt turbo tranny is the one I used it shares internal with the pacifica and could take lot of abuse many pt atx are in the 300 hp range
a cheaper 180 hp pt turbo was introduced last year it has a different tranny than the most powerfull and it's not the same tranny as the non turbo pt turbo
both are a604

Alain

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3823 Previous topic | Next topic