Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #382
View in linear mode

Subject: "When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual" Previous topic | Next topic
daltahMar-22-03 03:35 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#382, "When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"

I know the gap in stock n/a eclipses are that a manual is around .5-1.0 sec's faster than a auto,and thats kind of alot.So if you put a turbo kit on is it still just as slow(considering its a turboed auto vs turboed manual) or if the difference smaller because auto can build boost from a stop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, nappyjim, Mar-24-03 07:09 AM, #1
RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, Fast420A, Mar-24-03 07:43 AM, #2
      RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, shuwa29, Mar-24-03 08:40 AM, #3
      RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, DSMeclipseGS, Mar-24-03 10:16 AM, #4
           RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, Fast420A, Mar-24-03 06:14 PM, #5
                RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, RyaN95i4, Mar-24-03 06:42 PM, #8
                     RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, Fast420A, Mar-24-03 09:10 PM, #9
      RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, Skillionaire, Mar-24-03 06:22 PM, #6
           RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual, Fast420A, Mar-24-03 06:27 PM, #7

nappyjimMar-24-03 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#393, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 0

well from my limited knowledge....auto can spool from a stop...manual cant. So it will help you off the line more than it helps a man. Except for that...im not sure if a turbod auto will run closer than .5-1 second over a turbo man. Maybe someone else can help you out on that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AMar-24-03 07:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#394, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 1

My All motor eclipse was just as fast as Skillionaire's A/T Star Stage 2 at 7 psi except I would lose a little ground when I had to shift and he didn't.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

shuwa29Mar-24-03 08:40 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#395, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 2

but i bet skill didn't have the final drive mod at that tim
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

DSMeclipseGSMar-24-03 10:16 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#396, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 3

Are you kidding? A NT Manual was neck and neck with a AT eclipse at 7 PSI??????? I can't see that happening, but I am not calling you a liar either. Maybe his wires and plugs were all burned out or something.

Fast420AMar-24-03 06:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#401, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 4

My car had full bolt ons, ported intake manifold, No cat, and Mutany Raceworx regrind drag cams and was a little lighter than his car since I was an RS and he was a GS. I already had a blown 3rd gear synchro so we ran in 2nd gear and when I went to shift to 3rd I lost about a car length since the blown synchro shift takes forever. Then we lined back up and ran up to around 110 and let off side by side. His car had been dynoed around 170 HP when he got the kit on.

When RobotechDSM first got his stage 1 kit on and was running 4 psi I beat him but then he got a test pipe and was able to take me at 6 psi non intercooled by about a car or so.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

www.Fast420A.com

RyaN95i4Mar-24-03 06:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#406, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-24-03 06:43 PM by RyaN95i4

> His car had been
>dynoed around 170 HP when he got the kit on.
>

Was anything wrong with his car???

just wondering, those numbers just seem low. i dynoed at 184whp/183ft-lbs @ 7psi and then 202whp/201ft-lbs on 9psi w/ a s16g. The star kit should make more power at the same boost level. That was also on a 96*F day w/ 98% humidity :/

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Fast420AMar-24-03 09:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#407, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 8

I think he dynoed at 4 psi or something cause he didn't have the boost controller on yet.

Car Sold

www.Fast420A.com

SkillionaireMar-24-03 06:22 PM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
198 posts,
#403, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 2

>My All motor eclipse was just as fast as Skillionaire's A/T
>Star Stage 2 at 7 psi except I would lose a little ground when
>I had to shift and he didn't.
>
>
>

Come on man, i think i had ya by a little bit! hehe Anyways, my car wasnt the fastest thing on the road by anymeans, but it was a BLAST to drive. Turbo the A/T! BTW, wanna race now Kyle?

93 Talon Tsi FWD
Big 16g Powered!

R.I.P 96 Turbo GS

Fast420AMar-24-03 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#404, "RE: When you turbo how does the auto compare to a manual"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah, I'll race you in Kris or Craig's car, God knows my 2002 Corolla or 1992 S10 can't get faster than 18's and your 1G is fast as balls for the few mods you have!

Of course, TRD is releasing a SUPERCHARGER for the Corolla...

Car Sold

www.Fast420A.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #382 Previous topic | Next topic