Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #351
View in linear mode

Subject: "Motor Mount inserts with ATX?" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyMar-19-03 05:32 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#351, "Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"

Do both of them fit (front and rear) or just one of them? I need to get these soon but I wanna know if they will work cause if I can only use the front one, I'm just gonna get the AF/X steel motor mount.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Dirty, Mar-21-03 05:26 PM, #1
RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Teamdougie2, Mar-22-03 05:45 AM, #2
RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, RyaN95i4, Mar-22-03 02:12 PM, #3
      RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Fast420A, Mar-22-03 02:25 PM, #4
           RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, shybuck, Mar-22-03 03:16 PM, #5
           RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, RyaN95i4, Mar-22-03 04:48 PM, #6
                RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Dirty, Mar-25-03 05:15 PM, #7
                     RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Dirty, Apr-07-03 04:28 PM, #8
                          RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, soulcontroller, Apr-07-03 08:18 PM, #9
                               RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Dirty, Apr-10-03 06:45 PM, #10
                                    RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, thedawg, Apr-22-03 01:45 PM, #11
                                         RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Gregstoofast, Apr-25-03 02:26 PM, #12
                                              RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Joe B Slow, Apr-25-03 03:10 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?, Gregstoofast, Apr-26-03 06:32 PM, #14

DirtyMar-21-03 05:26 PM
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#373, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 0

So none of use have MM inserts?

"Natty Ride"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Mar-22-03 05:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#374, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have the Energy Suspension front motor mount. The rear will NOT fit. It's not even close! You can, however, get some 3M Window Weld and fill the rear mount. It works just as well as the ES motor mounts.

Using the AF/x solid mount only doesn't sound like a great idea to me. It'll cause your other stock mounts to wear out quickly and ofcoarse you'll get a lot of vibrations.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

RyaN95i4Mar-22-03 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#378, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have ES ones, same story, front is fine, rear doesnt fit.

i also have a custom solid steel passenger side mount, but the rear is still stock for now

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Fast420AMar-22-03 02:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#379, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah but Ryan, with that Bad Ass solid side mount, I don't think your gonna have much movement anyways.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

shybuckMar-22-03 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#381, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 4

hmm! 3m window weld huh. I wonder how well that would hold up? Hmmm. I have a lot of that at work, maybe I could lose a tube and find out if I could find some big washers. If that isn't as stiff as energy suspension mm that U would vibrate as much. As long as it holds up and works just as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

RyaN95i4Mar-22-03 04:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#383, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 4

>Yeah but Ryan, with that Bad Ass solid side mount, I don't
>think your gonna have much movement anyways.
>

:werd:

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

DirtyMar-25-03 05:15 PM
1405 posts,
#424, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-25-03 05:16 PM by Dirty

So the front inserts fit. What about the sides? Also, I haven't really looked at the rear one too much, but it it smaller than a hockey puck? I imagine a hockey puck is harder than the OE rubber, so what do you guys think of cutting one up and placing it in the rear mount?

Just one of those ideas right off the pipe.

"Natty Ride"

DirtyApr-07-03 04:28 PM
1405 posts,
#554, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 7

Does anyone know if the front inserts will fit in our rear motor mount? For some reason I think someone might have said this before but I could be trippin again. And nobody said shit about my hockey puck idea yet either

"Natty Ride"

soulcontrollerApr-07-03 08:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#561, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 8

hmm, not sure about that. i just put in the front mounts. i havent noticed "that" much of a difference. its more of a piece of mind than anything it seems.

DirtyApr-10-03 06:45 PM
1405 posts,
#594, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 9

I'll give you a piece of candy if you take it back out and try it in the rear mount. If not I might order 2 and if it doesn't work, I'll sell it to someone here.

"Natty Ride"

thedawgApr-22-03 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#715, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 10

We tried REALLY hard to get the rears to fit in mine... shaved about 1cm off the back flat side with a saw, and went to town on them with a dremel drum sanding bit. They just wouldn't go in.

The fronts actually required some serious sanding to wedge in there too. Here's the damage:

GregstoofastApr-25-03 02:26 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#752, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 11

i need to replace mine(motor mounts)and was need some info on what i should do...they need to be replaced a.s.a.p. cas my exhaust is hittin the rear suspesion

i need to know what i need to do...i'm buyin all new motor mounts and while i got them out(about to put them in)i would like to know what i can do to stiffin them up...

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Joe B SlowApr-25-03 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#753, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 12

Im really confused on why your motor mounts are effecting your exhaust ma . Is it moving your engine so much your pipes are moving that much? Thats nuts if its doing that. Have you looked at your hangars along your exhaust? not saying you dont need motor mounts as they'd prolly help but maybe its just the hangar rubbe

joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

GregstoofastApr-26-03 06:32 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#755, "RE: Motor Mount inserts with ATX?"
In response to Reply # 13

it's combination of the motor mounts and the header with the new flex pipe ,the flex pipe hasn't been worn in yet and yes the motor mounts are pretty worn out

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #351 Previous topic | Next topic