Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3416
View in linear mode

Subject: "what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?" Previous topic | Next topic
97grnRSNov-22-04 12:55 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2004
564 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3416, "what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?"

i see its sayin a604 as the title of the forum but . when i try to buy a torque converter from ebay there is alot of diff years of this tranny.and it doesnt have 95 it just has 91-up . so first of all is the model A604 the tranny that is in a 95 talon ESI . and if so will any y ear TC work or only 95 ? anyone?

91 civic hatch, homemade turbo+ LS motor = 12 sec street car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soulcontrollerNov-23-04 03:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3419, "RE: what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?"
In response to Reply # 0

yes its the a604 in your car. if you are buying a stock tq converter i have one with less than 30k miles on it. email if interested.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrNov-23-04 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3420, "RE: what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?"
In response to Reply # 1

I would take it to a tranny shop first and have them check clutch volume indexes and trouble codes first before you just go buying parts.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ModeratorCorbinNov-23-04 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3421, "RE: what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-23-04 06:31 AM by Corbin

Also, keep in mind that Chrysler put the A604 in about every car in the '90s and up. There are several variations of this tranny, so you must be careful when buying parts. And, I'll agree that you should take it to a trans shop first. Wait a few months and I'll sell you a perfectly good '95 AT trans and converter for cheap (I'm swapping in a 5 speed).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

97whitESiJan-02-05 11:02 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#3470, "RE: what tranny is in my 95 esi Automatic?"
In response to Reply # 3

btw, it might also be known as the F4AC1

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3416 Previous topic | Next topic