Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3329
View in linear mode

Subject: "when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??" Previous topic | Next topic
Chip176583Oct-12-04 03:04 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2003
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3329, "when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"

Lately I have noticed that when I go up a slight incline the engine will rev for a second before the transmission seems to catch. What could be wrong here??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, soulcontroller, Oct-12-04 03:06 PM, #1
RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, Chip176583, Oct-12-04 05:12 PM, #2
      RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, soulcontroller, Oct-13-04 03:57 AM, #3
           RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, Chip176583, Oct-13-04 10:26 AM, #4
                RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, mcgyvr, Oct-14-04 02:34 AM, #5
                     RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, thedawg, Oct-14-04 10:45 AM, #6
                          RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??, BlueMoonEclipse, Oct-29-04 01:53 PM, #7

soulcontrollerOct-12-04 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3330, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 0

burned clutch packs?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Chip176583Oct-12-04 05:12 PM
182 posts,
#3331, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by soulcontroller
burned clutch packs?

what is a burned clutch pack?? Also if it is that is it possible to replace or does it mean rebuild??

soulcontrollerOct-13-04 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3333, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 2

well yes that means a rebuild. dont worry about it unless its real bad.

Chip176583Oct-13-04 10:26 AM
182 posts,
#3336, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by soulcontroller
well yes that means a rebuild. dont worry about it unless its real bad.

Is there possibly anything I could do to try and hold the rebuild off??

mcgyvrOct-14-04 02:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3340, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah flush and refill the tranny fluid.
could be ignition related too, I had a cracked spark plug that caused symptoms like that. its not really the hill but an increased engine load. check that out too

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

thedawgOct-14-04 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3341, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 5

Turn off overdrive.

BlueMoonEclipseOct-29-04 01:53 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#3372, "RE: when going up inclines tranny seems to "slip"??"
In response to Reply # 6

what might be hapening is you are low on fluid...i had that problem when low hehehe since i had a massive leak before i had work done....if i would go up a hill the engine sometimes stalled as high as 4k before engaging the trans..since there was no fluid in the system to engage the bands...

Try checking your level the following way...turn car on...take dipstick out, clean, measure, clean again, measure again...

at all times only add atf+3

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3329 Previous topic | Next topic