Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3055
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wheres the new autostick write up?" Previous topic | Next topic
MalenkoJun-15-04 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3055, "Wheres the new autostick write up?"

I got the momentary buttons, the wires and my soldering iron just antsy in the pantsy to get put to use.

now Ive heard its the ECU we're wiring and the TCU, can someone post definitive instructions, I got no beef wiring it up and taking snazzy pictures.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, InFiNiT3, Jun-15-04 07:48 PM, #1
RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-15-04 07:53 PM, #2
      RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, InFiNiT3, Jun-15-04 07:54 PM, #3
           RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, mcgyvr, Jun-16-04 03:48 AM, #4
                RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Brent Pottle, Jun-16-04 05:15 AM, #5
                     RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-16-04 06:47 AM, #6
                          RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Keith2172, Jun-16-04 04:42 PM, #7
                               RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-17-04 08:42 PM, #8
                                    RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-18-04 12:57 PM, #9
                                         RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, thedawg, Jun-21-04 08:03 AM, #10
                                              RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Brent Pottle, Jun-22-04 01:52 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, mcgyvr, Jun-22-04 03:17 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Brent Pottle, Jun-22-04 03:51 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, alain95i4, Jun-22-04 01:07 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, mcgyvr, Jun-23-04 02:42 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-23-04 09:29 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Keith2172, Jun-27-04 07:44 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jun-28-04 07:53 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, mcgyvr, Jun-29-04 02:20 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, thedawg, Jun-29-04 01:13 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Malenko, Jul-01-04 07:19 AM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, mcgyvr, Jul-02-04 06:21 AM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Vigo, Jul-02-04 06:07 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, thedawg, Jul-02-04 06:13 PM, #24
RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, castilge, Aug-06-04 08:37 AM, #25
RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?, Keith2172, Aug-16-04 05:08 AM, #26

InFiNiT3Jun-15-04 07:48 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3056, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 0

im workin on it im workin on it..... hit me up on aim.. or msn.. ill send u the diagrams i have drawn so far

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MalenkoJun-15-04 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3057, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 1

j00 are never on

InFiNiT3Jun-15-04 07:54 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#3059, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 2

im on rite now foo!!!!!!

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

mcgyvrJun-16-04 03:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3060, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 3

its the TCU under the dash, pins 5 and 44 thats the write up, the info is ALL OVER the place, just do it..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Brent PottleJun-16-04 05:15 AM
Member since Apr 09th 2003
95 posts,
#3061, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-16-04 05:22 AM by Brent Pottle

not to mention pics (figured I'd pat my own back) in the autostick thread just down from here in the same forum

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2215&mesg_id=2215&page=&topic_page=10

here is your write up to accompany my pics

1. Unplug Battery Terminal
2. take off plastic along sides of center console (as shown in pics)
3. un mount TCU from bracket (4 bolts in a steel cradle)
4. pull TCU out onto the floor (as seen in pictures)
5. undue harness screw (screw keeps the harness on the TCU)
6. pull off harness
7. drill plastic for pins 44 and 5 to expose orange/red rubber insulator inside the harness. every 10th pin is labeled (or 5th i dont remember) so use your common sense and count the number they are offset (ex if 40 is marked count 4 pins towards pin 45)
8. insert new pins (Part#101028 Thanks Keith) into holes and run 2 momentary switches to a common ground switch, and ground that to the chassis.
10. put it all back together and reconnect the battery

Usage: engage the common ground switch to enable autostick, push the button grounded on pin 5 to gear up and push the button on pin 44 to gear down...

Note: the car may have to be in a autostick ready gear such as '2' or 'L' for this to work, if it will at all... if these instructions dont work tehn it may require a TCU reflash as alain95 said...

??Anything im forgetting guys??

Nova Scotia
Canada

MalenkoJun-16-04 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3062, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-16-04 07:04 AM by Malenko

well infint3 said he spliced into the ECU not the TCU. I also read that one of other members here that tried it hooked it up to the TCU and it didnt work, which makes me think it IS the ECU we are supposed to hook into.

I read all the threads with their eleventy billion posts and I thought it was time to start fresh.

Infinite and I talked about it for a while last night, so Im gonna try to get it done his way and take pix to add to his walkthrough.

I didnt ask this because Im a lazy n00b, but because I want a solid walkthrough up for EVERYBODY that is conmplete, easy to understand, and full of pictures

EDIT: are you saying you did the mod and it works your way? Or are you saying you gathered up all the info and thats how it should work? Ive also read that we might need to do it at the ECU because on avengers they have the #5 wire going from the ECU to the TCU since some of their cars have autosticks?

Either way I want someone who HAS DONE IT to get some pix of it done, which is what I was trying to do.

Keith2172Jun-16-04 04:42 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#3063, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 6

I did it EXACTLY like Brent said, to the TCU. Didn't work, FOR ME. Now thats not to say it doesn't work but it is possible that some TCU's may need to be reflashed. I personally cant contemplate why this would have to be wired to the ECU, it just wouldn't make sense to store shift data in the engine computer, but then again Mitsu. has done weirder things.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

MalenkoJun-17-04 08:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3065, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 7

brent are you saying that worked on your car?

Im lookin for someone who has it done to tell me, infinti3s way doent work at all so tomorrow I start workin with the TCU instead of the ECU

MalenkoJun-18-04 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3070, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 8

update:

Ive now tried this mod both ways and neither works. Is this like the biggest 2gnt hoax in a long time or is some one who got it to work gonna give a working tutorial?

And yes, I read the other 2 threads concerning this mod thats how I know of the 2 ways to do it.

thedawgJun-21-04 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3081, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Malenko Is this like the biggest 2gnt hoax in a long time

Brent PottleJun-22-04 01:52 AM
95 posts,
#3084, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 10

Nah, i didnt get it working....

I beleive someone mentioned that someone on ASOG did it on an I4? i'd have to say i doubt it.?.

Nova Scotia
Canada

mcgyvrJun-22-04 03:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3085, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 11

works on my car.
its an avenger, maybe there is a different TCU program for you guys.???

Mods are:
Not enough

Brent PottleJun-22-04 03:51 AM
95 posts,
#3086, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Brent Pottle
I beleive someone mentioned that someone on ASOG did it on an I4? i'd have to say i doubt it.?.

I stand corrected

Nova Scotia
Canada

alain95i4Jun-22-04 01:07 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#3087, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 13

I would be curious to know which model years worked so far

like I stated once it could be possible that earlier model , say a 96-97 could have a non autostick software running inside an autostick ready TCM

flashing a TCM is 30 minutes deal at the dealer
they connect on the odb-II plug and dump a newer version of the software

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

mcgyvrJun-23-04 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3091, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 14

yeah alain, but I was just emailed a 98 eclipse who it wont work for, so I actually think its different between mitsu and chrysler and probably model years too..

Mods are:
Not enough

MalenkoJun-23-04 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3092, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 15

I have a 98 eclipse RS and it doesnt work. I dont have the time or money to flash my TCU but if you wanna send me one to try I will then I can either send it back if it doesnt work, or send you mine to get reflashed.

Keith2172Jun-27-04 07:44 PM
1281 posts,
#3099, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 16

Where is Infinit3? I think he got it working

MalenkoJun-28-04 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3105, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 17

he gave me an ECU diasgram that killed the engine at the flip oif a switch

mcgyvrJun-29-04 02:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3106, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 18

yeah the way he says to do it disconnects the ground for the crank/cam shaft sensor

Mods are:
Not enough

thedawgJun-29-04 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3109, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 19

That, and he grenaded his transmission.

MalenkoJul-01-04 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#3120, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 20

yeah, that boosts my confidence

mcgyvrJul-02-04 06:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3121, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by thedawg
That, and he grenaded his transmission.

totally unrelated to the autostick mod

Mods are:
Not enough

VigoJul-02-04 06:07 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2003
37 posts,
#3123, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 22

what does the 2ngt community need to know the most:

what years/models does autostick work on the stock tcu?

as long as you get that nailed down, you're golden.

anybody have a quote from satan on the cost of tcu reflash?

1993 Dodge Dynasty LE 3.3 Auto, 95k, Stock.
16.2@84mph

thedawgJul-02-04 06:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3124, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by mcgyvr
Originally posted by thedawg That, and he grenaded his transmission.
totally unrelated to the autostick mod

Prove it. He doesn't even know himself if it was related... he's still rebuilding his tranny and hasn't had a chance to try it again.

castilgeAug-06-04 08:37 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
37 posts,
#3204, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 0

I realize no one has responded to this thread for awhile, but I just got to it after reading the one started last year that went on forever, and it sounds like no one has gotten this to work on our rides... I was curious if it does work on the avengers and we have the same TCU as them cant we just install one of their TCU in our rides hook it up and have it work? I dont really know how much a TCU cost, but if someone pulled on out from a totalled Avenger and tried it, it might be worth a shot... another question how much does it cost to reflash our TCU? DO you think this will do the trick? I guess now to wait and see what the feedback will be

Keith2172Aug-16-04 05:08 AM
1281 posts,
#3218, "RE: Wheres the new autostick write up?"
In response to Reply # 25

Umm, really tired so Ill try to make as much sense as possible. No one has verified it working on an Eclipse. It works on Avengers for sure, they share TCU's (Im pretty sure, I don't own one though) with a Stratus, which is the code Alain flashed his Avenger with to get it working. I cannot verify whether or not we share the TCU and wiring necessary to allow Stratus code to work on our cars, I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet. I haven't checked the dealership yet on a reflash but someone here said about $100, and it's not a difficult, long drawn out proccess, they just plug into the OBD-II port and dump code. Hope this helped and I remembered everything.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3055 Previous topic | Next topic