Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3014
View in linear mode

Subject: "OD rewire/button pics" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starJun-08-04 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3014, "OD rewire/button pics"
Jun-08-04 04:30 PM by ajna_star

i finally installed the button instead of having it hanging out on the wires... the stock wires reached fine. all it is, is a 2$ radioshack push button, with 2 female connectors. i have it wired reverse of stock, so that when overdrive is OFF the light is OFF(i got sick of that light always being on)...

i dont like my shift knob anymore :/ anyone know where i can get a solid black one?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-09-04 01:22 PM, #1
RE: OD rewire/button pics, ajna_star, Jun-09-04 09:14 PM, #2
      RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-10-04 11:30 AM, #3
           RE: OD rewire/button pics, ajna_star, Jun-10-04 12:04 PM, #4
           RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-10-04 12:42 PM, #5
                RE: OD rewire/button pics, ajna_star, Jun-10-04 12:57 PM, #6
                     RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-10-04 03:08 PM, #7
                          RE: OD rewire/button pics, ajna_star, Jun-10-04 08:39 PM, #8
                               RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-11-04 11:51 AM, #9
                                    RE: OD rewire/button pics, ajna_star, Jun-11-04 09:13 PM, #10
                                         RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-12-04 05:36 AM, #11
           RE: OD rewire/button pics, thedawg, Jun-15-04 07:49 AM, #13
RE: OD rewire/button pics, 97whitESi, Jun-14-04 02:22 AM, #12
RE: OD rewire/button pics, Dirty, Jun-15-04 10:41 AM, #14

DirtyJun-09-04 01:22 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3016, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Heres you some pics of my shiftknob. If imagestation wants to work. The green light under the rear defrost buttom is my OD light. The blue toggle is my OD switch.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajna_starJun-09-04 09:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#3018, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 1

whats the URL 2 ur imagestation album? i coulnt see the OD button...

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

DirtyJun-10-04 11:30 AM
1405 posts,
#3023, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 2

Man fuck imagestation! I need to find a better place to host my pics.

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/p72119a9e8b57d3628e7801f51cc88dcb/f855a283.jpg.orig.jp g

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pc557179768c36d5acecfc3f1b1f7e34f/f855a295.jpg.orig.jp g

"Natty Ride"

ajna_starJun-10-04 12:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#3026, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 3

thats awsome, but how does it press the button down? or does it always keep the button depressed?

whered u get the knob?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

DirtyJun-10-04 12:42 PM
1405 posts,
#3027, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 4

Dude, the blue toggle switch is what turns the OD on/off. The green light just tells me that it's on or off.

"Natty Ride"

ajna_starJun-10-04 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#3029, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-10-04 12:58 PM by ajna_star

Originally posted by Dirty
Dude, the blue toggle switch is what turns the OD on/off. The green light just tells me that it's on or off.

no i meant the button on top of the shift rod. the thing you have to press down to change gears

did u get my pm's btw

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

DirtyJun-10-04 03:08 PM
1405 posts,
#3031, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-10-04 03:10 PM by Dirty

OK I see. There is no button. The whole knob pushes down about a 1/2" or so.

"Natty Ride"

ajna_starJun-10-04 08:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#3033, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-10-04 08:44 PM by ajna_star

Originally posted by Dirty
The whole knob pushes down about a 1/2" or so.

I MUST HAVE THIS... ive been looking for that forever, and cant find one. what brand is it? HELP ME PALAZEEEE

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

DirtyJun-11-04 11:51 AM
1405 posts,
#3038, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 8

I sent you a pm.

"Natty Ride"

ajna_starJun-11-04 09:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#3042, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 9

i couldnt find the one u said, at either of the sites you said...

but i found this:

and its a push down, i dont wanna put a boot and i think this will look better without one..

fucking 50 bucks tho

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

DirtyJun-12-04 05:36 AM
1405 posts,
#3043, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 10
Jun-12-04 05:46 AM by Dirty

Yeah, That one was the first one I saw but I wasn't gonna pay $90 for it(it cost $90 back when I needed a shift knob) then I found mine and I like it better. This isn't a crucial part so get whatever siuts you hands and eye's. I'll try to find a site that sells the one I have just in case you wanna better pic before you buy anything.

Edit: http://www.autodynamic.com/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=Type+R+Quick+Shift+&Submit.x=5&Submit.y=12

http://www.autodynamic.com/transfer/products/knobs_pedals.asp

"Natty Ride"

thedawgJun-15-04 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3053, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-15-04 07:54 AM by thedawg

DIRTY! Dood, just take off the ".orig.jpg" so it looks like ...2hk5b2b5.jpg and make sure you include the http:// before the www.

97whitESiJun-14-04 02:22 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#3049, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 0

u can buy those knobs at pepboys.

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

DirtyJun-15-04 10:41 AM
1405 posts,
#3054, "RE: OD rewire/button pics"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by thedawg
DIRTY! Dood, just take off the ".orig.jpg" so it looks like ...2hk5b2b5.jpg and make sure you include the http:// before the www.

Damn, the tweeds really make me go braindead sometimes. Did I post that shit on a sturday or something?

"Natty Ride"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3014 Previous topic | Next topic