Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2687
View in linear mode

Subject: "CEL 700 and 740 (tranny problem)" Previous topic | Next topic
laoreflxznMar-22-04 03:43 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2004
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2687, "CEL 700 and 740 (tranny problem)"

Ok guys I am new to this posting. Well I am familiar with thw site but first time posting. Ok here's what happen:

First my automatic tranny just didn't shift had to rev it up to almost 2000-2500 rpm before it catches and for only a few second then it just slips. Then I install the shift kit to see if it fix the problem. It sure did fix the shifting and works fine now. Now the CEL comes up 700 and 740 and the shifting point is kinda different and don't feel that shift between 60-80. Feels like it not shifting to that final gear or something liek that. It finally shift at 80 and from there on no more shift. I think I know what is goin on. Probably the torque converter lock up? Now how would I approach this? Dont know where to start fixing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

V

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-23-04 11:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2693, "RE: CEL 700 and 740 (tranny problem)"
In response to Reply # 0

code 740 is torque convertor circuit malfunction and 700 is TCM malfunction.

I dont think you installed the shift kit correctly or maybe pinched and oring in the process or something.

sounds to me like your tranny might either #1 be shot
or your tranny fluid is really low/dirty.

always start tranny problems out by checking the fluid level/condition first, thats super important in our vehicals.
too low on the fluid and you get slippage.

check the fluid first, then I would reinstall the shift kit.
did you already drill out the holes,etc..

what I think is happening is that the fluid level is incorrect or the gears are slipping from too much wear/heat.

Your on your own with this one, sounds like time for a rebuild.

but yes check fluid level first.
I would actually get it flushed/refilled

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2687 Previous topic | Next topic