Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2597
View in linear mode

Subject: "acceleration sluggish after 35" Previous topic | Next topic
SPEEDINRACERFeb-29-04 05:46 PM
Member since May 03rd 2003
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2597, "acceleration sluggish after 35"

When ever I'm at a stop light and I need to get to 40mph quickly, my car will accelerate pretty good until about 35 and then it seems like something is holding the car back, and the needle just seems to stop moving. Does anyone else experience this slowdown? it usually happens at the top of 1st, when your about to hit red line and shift. Does the final drive mod correct this? how about a UDP? And yes I searched but I was left unsastisfied with what I had found.

Thanks, Mike

AEM CAI,APEXi N1,OBX header, 18" Exel Ennio's,NX wet kit with GENX-2 package...Dyno sheets coming soon
Thanks to Malenko for the sig...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Mar-01-04 08:05 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2598, "RE: acceleration sluggish after 35"
In response to Reply # 0

the final drive will help cause' it lowers you gear ratio but kills your top end power...(not like you'll max out the Tranny anyway )also if you have some big ass rims on your car it will effect it, hows your A/F mixture? at 35mph what r your rpms? at what gear? if your still in 1st at 35mph and your having probs at higher rpms.... whatch your other gears see if it does the same thing at the same rpm if it does... than you'll wanna go ahead and get a vacumme gauge..(35$ at auto zone) it can tell you everything u need to know..but most of the time if you have probs at higher rpms... you've got a leak... remember air pressure (vacumme) should drop and the throttle opens.. get a gauge and let me know what happends..(i dont think its a tranny prob though... and you should try posting this on the proformance board)

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2597 Previous topic | Next topic