Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2567
View in threaded mode

Subject: "low down on high stalls..." Previous topic | Next topic
python6586Feb-09-04 01:19 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2567, "low down on high stalls..."

ok im prob goin wit a high comp build and was wondering how much every1 really likes there high stall tq. converter. so where do you actually feel it, off the line, during shifts or when, and how much do you feel it, meaning what gains would you see in the 1/4 and where did you get yours and how much. also what stall 2800????TIA

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
soulcontrollerFeb-09-04 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2568, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 0

i have a 2800 stall. i wouldnt really go any higher than that for a street car, and if you have an older tranny computer youll have limp mode issues with anything higher.

i installed mine along with a new block, drove about 20 miles to a storage facility and there it sits till winter is over... ill let you know how it runs in a couple months hehe.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

python6586Feb-09-04 02:38 PM
656 posts,
#2569, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 1

where did you get it?? and how much

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

jsupetranFeb-09-04 05:48 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2570, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 1

How hard is it to install? Worth it?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

soulcontrollerFeb-10-04 06:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2571, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-10-04 06:40 AM by soulcontroller

hmm, i got mine from ERT. very good guys to deal with. a few members here on the board work with them actually.

mine was one of the first runs of the converters they were recieving from some place out in cali, and was about 300 dollars, a very good price. i think now they are around the area of 5 or 600 or so... no joke. there was a post about it a while back, i forget the details.

as for the install, i had my block and trans out for a rebuild, the converter was easy enough to put in place when its all apart. if you wanted to just drop the trans you could. not difficult to do, the hardest part is making time to do it.

python6586Feb-10-04 09:45 AM
656 posts,
#2572, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 4

i was looking at ert 3000 stall converter, you think that would be good with a high comp rebuild, i drive hard so i dont think hte slippage issue to 3000 would be that bad for me, i was just run a large cooler, are these lock up converters btw???

Mods:

Teamdougie2Feb-17-04 03:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2581, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 5

The only cars that'll have slippage/limp-mode issues are pre-1997 models. After 1996, the TCM received a flash upgrade that fixed this issue.

BTW- I have a custom one-of-a-kind 3500 stall torque converter for sale. I've been needing to get rid of it, so any resonable offers will be accepted. Cost over $1000 new, it has ~1500 miles on it, and I can let it go for around $400. I'm posting it for sale in the for-sale forum today and if I get no bite by tonight, it's going on ebay. 3500 stall is da shizzle... hangin w/ 5 speeds!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

shybuckFeb-22-04 09:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#2583, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 6

cant/suddent 95-96 cars go to satan and get the tcu reflashed to eliminate that problem.

mcgyvrFeb-23-04 09:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2585, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by shybuck
cant/suddent 95-96 cars go to satan and get the tcu reflashed to eliminate that problem.

yes, if you find a dealer that actually knows how to correctly use their scan tools, which is a HARD find.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

InFiNiT3Feb-23-04 01:30 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#2586, "RE: low down on high stalls..."
In response to Reply # 8

very good point

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2567 Previous topic | Next topic