Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2224
View in linear mode

Subject: "turbo-final drive" Previous topic | Next topic
ashaleenicoleNov-14-03 07:19 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
608 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2224, "turbo-final drive"

Can i do final drive on an aftermarket turbo?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: turbo-final drive, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-14-03 07:31 AM, #1
RE: turbo-final drive, oRACLe063, Nov-14-03 07:42 AM, #2
      RE: turbo-final drive, Kirby, Nov-14-03 07:51 AM, #3
           RE: turbo-final drive, oRACLe063, Nov-14-03 08:02 AM, #4
                RE: turbo-final drive, amljbs, Nov-14-03 08:17 AM, #5
                     RE: turbo-final drive, soulcontroller, Nov-14-03 10:48 AM, #6
                          RE: turbo-final drive, ashaleenicole, Nov-15-03 05:49 PM, #7
                               RE: turbo-final drive, ashaleenicole, Nov-15-03 05:53 PM, #8
                                    RE: turbo-final drive, Chamuko, Nov-15-03 06:21 PM, #9
                                         RE: turbo-final drive, ajna_star, Nov-15-03 06:30 PM, #10
                                              RE: turbo-final drive, silvreclipsers, Nov-16-03 03:18 PM, #11
                                                   RE: turbo-final drive, amljbs, Nov-16-03 03:32 PM, #12
RE: turbo-final drive, jsupetran, Nov-17-03 04:19 AM, #13
RE: turbo-final drive, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-17-03 05:59 AM, #14
RE: turbo-final drive, hazardeclipse, Nov-18-03 06:25 AM, #15

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-14-03 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2225, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 0

What does an aftermarket turbo have to do with the final drive mod?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oRACLe063Nov-14-03 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#2226, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-14-03 07:50 AM by oRACLe063

come on dino lighten up he has only 3 posts ... we needs to school him ..lol

no need for the final drive mod with a turbo ... if thats what u mean ... doing the final drive will make you geared more for acceleration basically lowering your... with a turbo you would be able to reach the cars top speed way quicker than n/a why would you want to lower it ?

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

KirbyNov-14-03 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2227, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 2

Well if this question is for the auto tranny then I'm not sure exactly what it does. But for the 5 speed guy's if you upgrade to a taller gear set like in the neons it gives you more room to use that boost. Does the final drive mod for autos give taller or shorter gears?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

oRACLe063Nov-14-03 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#2228, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-14-03 08:04 AM by oRACLe063

shorter about 115-120 mph top end from 130-135 mph

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

amljbsNov-14-03 08:17 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#2229, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 4

The final drive wont hurt the top speed. You have to remember that the stock A604 is designed to have the ability to reach a speed of like 150 - 160mph I believe. However few of us will ever see speeds that high I know that I wont. The engine just isnt powerful enough to push to that point without serious mods. I have the final drive mod and have seen my car getup to 140mph on the speedo. Now considering the 6% correction for the final drive Im actually going a little over 130mph. That in my opinion is plenty fast. I would assume with boost you could get the car to 145mph or so. Also this is in the wrong section. should be in the auto section bro

1998 Eclipse GST

soulcontrollerNov-14-03 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2230, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-14-03 10:51 AM by soulcontroller

my a/t wouldnt go above 118 n/a.

to answer your question though, yes, you can do the final drive and turbo your car. two completely different things. check out the a/t section mang!

ashaleenicoleNov-15-03 05:49 PM
608 posts,
#2232, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 6

Just for the record..to everyone calling me "bro"....
I'm a chick. My car IS an automatic, I meant to put that. Was just wondering if it was worth it. Was in a rush.

ashaleenicoleNov-15-03 05:53 PM
608 posts,
#2233, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 7

sorry...just realized my profile said i was a male. whoops.

ChamukoNov-15-03 06:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2235, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 8

Worth it yes. I have mine still in the box from mopar if you want.

Im going for the 5spd swap.

Wow, if they knew you were female you would have 50 times the posts lol.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ajna_starNov-15-03 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#2237, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 9

wtf is dino doing in the AUTO section lol

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

silvreclipsersNov-16-03 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#2241, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by ajna_star
wtf is dino doing in the AUTO section lol

this wasn't posted in the auto section

amljbsNov-16-03 03:32 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#2243, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 11

She posted in the General forum originally and it was moved here after Souls reply.

1998 Eclipse GST

jsupetranNov-17-03 04:19 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2246, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 0

www.kaptainmyke.com

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

ModeratorCorbinNov-17-03 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2250, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 0

Turbo or not, final drive is worth it. The improved acceleration is always appreciated. You want to do everything you can to improve acceleration before the turbo kicks in (off the line).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

hazardeclipseNov-18-03 06:25 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#2260, "RE: turbo-final drive"
In response to Reply # 14
Nov-18-03 06:31 AM by hazardeclipse

wait though, lets think about this "turbo final drive gear mod" is this a gst/gsx? because if it is, wouldnt it have a mitsu trannie? EDIT: oh...i missed the whole "aftermarket" thing before "turbo" my apoligies
"stock is not an option"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2224 Previous topic | Next topic