Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1955
View in linear mode

Subject: "can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starSep-19-03 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1955, "Poll question: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"

if so , how?

i can chirp them sometimes by letting off right before redline and slamming the gas... gotta catch it just right...

Poll result (12 votes)
yes - everytime (1 votes)Vote
no - never (3 votes)Vote
sometimes (8 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, DSMeclipseGS, Sep-19-03 09:39 AM, #1
RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, thedawg, Sep-19-03 01:32 PM, #2
RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, Franklindsm, Sep-19-03 01:32 PM, #3
      RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, Chamuko, Sep-20-03 08:26 PM, #4
           RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, Dirty, Sep-22-03 02:30 PM, #5
                RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, Jason_99ozGS, Sep-22-03 05:14 PM, #6
                     RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?, Franklindsm, Sep-23-03 07:28 AM, #7

DSMeclipseGSSep-19-03 09:39 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1956, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have my 18's so I cant do it... I don't I ever will be to.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgSep-19-03 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1957, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 1

5psi - never
12psi - sometimes
15psi - always, some in 3rd depending on tires

FranklindsmSep-19-03 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#1958, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 1

Sometimes I can but most times it feels more like a "GSX" and just lunges forward when I time it right:). Id rather lunge than chirp mysel

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

ChamukoSep-20-03 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#1960, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 3

off the line and at WOT it chirps or spins a bit depending on the road....damn good year eagles suck...

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

DirtySep-22-03 02:30 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1964, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 4

I gots sticky tires. Fuck chirping, my car isn't a bird.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Jason_99ozGSSep-22-03 05:14 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1286 posts,
#1965, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 5

Sometimes... It's cool the hear the chirp everyonce in a while. In my friend's 5spd GS I can get it to chrip 2nd everytime

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS -Sold, I miss it

FranklindsmSep-23-03 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#1966, "RE: can you chirp into 2nd with your AT?"
In response to Reply # 6

>Sometimes... It's cool the hear the chirp everyonce in a
>while. In my friend's 5spd GS I can get it to chrip 2nd
>everytime
>
>

It might be "cool" for you, but imagine the temps inside your trann . If you do the "slam it after before the gear change" method that'll create a lot of heat and jerking around. That's bad, mmk.

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1955 Previous topic | Next topic