Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1952
View in linear mode

Subject: "Addition of Greddy header" Previous topic | Next topic
importzruleSep-18-03 06:10 PM
Member since May 12th 2003
162 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1952, "Addition of Greddy header"

Guys im pullin mid to low 18's, ive got he mods below in my sig, with the addition of a greddy header, will i be able to chirp them going into second? and saying i run a 18.5 how much time will be gained with the header?

-Ryan a.k.a. "r'ICE'r" 99EclipseGS "10th Anniversary Edition" *2Low,2Slow* / Superior Master Of The A604 / 18.418 1/4e.t. .165 r/t

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Addition of Greddy header, soulcontroller, Sep-18-03 07:17 PM, #1
RE: Addition of Greddy header, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-19-03 05:55 AM, #2
      RE: Addition of Greddy header, amljbs, Sep-21-03 06:23 AM, #3
           RE: Addition of Greddy header, dfresh, Sep-21-03 02:51 PM, #4
                RE: Addition of Greddy header, DSMkarz, Sep-22-03 12:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Addition of Greddy header, importzrule, Sep-25-03 01:05 PM, #6
                          RE: Addition of Greddy header, pn0ymahal, Sep-27-03 09:22 PM, #7
                               RE: Addition of Greddy header, WIKKI, Sep-28-03 04:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: Addition of Greddy header, DSMkarz, Oct-09-03 05:34 PM, #9
                                         RE: Addition of Greddy header, DSMeclipseGS, Oct-14-03 07:28 AM, #10
                                              RE: Addition of Greddy header, amljbs, Oct-16-03 05:03 PM, #11

soulcontrollerSep-18-03 07:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1953, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 0

no sir.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinSep-19-03 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1954, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't expect much out of headers. A good header should give you some positive results, but not earthshattering. Headers tend to fall into the "yeah it feels a little faster" category. I felt like my old pacesetter headers provided some more power, but it wasn't all that dramatic.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

amljbsSep-21-03 06:23 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1961, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 2

The Greddy is not going to really affect the low end that much but free up some more power in the midrange and top due to its 4to1 design. The 4-2-1 headers out there will provide you with lowend and midrange but wont do anything for the top. Basically in my opinion its all about torque youll feel torque gains but very little HP gains.

1998 Eclipse GST

dfreshSep-21-03 02:51 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#1962, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 3

i take it your auto because of the times u run....us auto guys would be better off gettin a 4-2-1 designed header because of the low to mid range power the 4-2-1 makes....we need all the help we can get off the line and this one should help....the 4-1 will help also but by the time we start using the power it makes where already behind....the faster your 60' time is the faster u will be....the manuel guys dont have to worry about the low end power too much when racing because they rev up to take off....taking them out of that range....we cant....so our problem is in the take off....the more low end power u can make..the faster u can get off the line and that equals faster times.....this is just my thought on it.....u will feel the 4-1 alittle but notice the 4-2-1 more because of where it makes the power.....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

DSMkarzSep-22-03 12:19 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
184 posts,
#1963, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 4

O.k. I have the greddy header and it's great when the rpm's are up. Until then the engine feels the same. As for churping the tires well I can get the O.Z. wheels to do it but the 18's on there are a little tuff. As for you 1/4 mile time If you running 18.5's now expect another 10th to come off. My car was running 18.53s until I dropped some weight got a 17.91 last week.

TeamLSR member @ landspeedracing.com

importzruleSep-25-03 01:05 PM
Member since May 12th 2003
162 posts,
#1995, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 5

I ran a 18.418, r/t of .165, but thats with my spare tire/jack out, nothing else removed other than the sunroof sliding cover which aint shit, i do have 1 12' sub, im going to take out next time I go, im looking into tranny mods right now, a TQ lockup switch seems simple and cheap for a gain, and im thinkin the symborski shift kit would be cool but a pain in the ass to put in even though its cheap, and the final drive gear is a matter of time, sound slike the pacesetter 421 header would be more of what im wanting for the low end power, i would have just though greddy would have better power gains and therefore help get some time knocked off, im only paying $250 for it (the price of a ceramic coated pacesetter) so i figure im best staying with the greddy due to the price, or do u still think i should go pacesetter?

-Ryan a.k.a. "r'ICE'r" 99EclipseGS "10th Anniversary Edition" *2Low,2Slow* / Superior Master Of The A604 / 18.418 1/4e.t. .165 r/t

pn0ymahalSep-27-03 09:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#2005, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 6
Sep-27-03 09:23 PM by pn0ymahal

i had the greddy header before. no big power gains. i got the most power out of my intake. hehe
Michael
99gs
HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

WIKKISep-28-03 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#2011, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 7

I have the full shebang. I really don't think that you will get the response that you want until you get into some major engine changes (cams, turbo, porting ect...) and a higher stall torque converter.

that being said, I have the pacesetter header and I feel that it WAS worth the $$, but only because of the smoothness of the exhaust and the bragging rights. it did not help my times one bit.

BTW. I run a 17.7 @ 77 mph consistantly.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

DSMkarzOct-09-03 05:34 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
184 posts,
#2069, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 8

^^ thats the kind of MPH I would expect from my 17.91 pass but it was at 79.8 mph. The car pushes at the end of the track but feels like I'm dragging a truck threw 1st gear. My mph is always in the uper 70s even when I run low 18's what gives?

TeamLSR member @ landspeedracing.com

DSMeclipseGSOct-14-03 07:28 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#2098, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 9

>and im thinkin the symborski shift kit would be cool but a pain in ?>the ass to put in even though its cheap

Isn't that for a manual????

amljbsOct-16-03 05:03 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#2128, "RE: Addition of Greddy header"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah that one hes talking about is for the manual. The Transgo shift kit is for the autos. If you really want to help your times do the header 4-2-1. But also do the Final Drive Mod, The shift kit, TQ Lockup kill switch, ( would recommend a cooler at this point ), and finally the UDP. DO those and youll be doing much much better. Also the sub and anything else that added weight isnt helping.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1952 Previous topic | Next topic