Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1685
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some werid stuff with my Transmission" Previous topic | Next topic
SilverEclipseGsJul-25-03 12:06 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1685, "Some werid stuff with my Transmission"

Ok there are a lot of things that are wrong with my tranny and I'll admit to it, I've beat the hell out of it and now I need to findout whats wrong...
Oh and my Transmission is an Auto to clear up anything

1)When going about 80 MPH the RPMs kinda stick at 4K untill I let off the gas and get back on it, then it will jump pass 4k to 5k or so.

2) Tonight when I was driving home I accelerated normally and noticed that I was almost redlining at 3rd gear and I couldnt figure out why exactly, so I let off the gas and made it shift into 4th and all was fine.

3) All in all the Tranny feels like a slug theres no power band or anything, I'm thinking about getting the Tranny flushed with new fulid (BG Syncho Shift) but I did that about 4-5 months ago so could that be the problem?

someone help me out

Terry
1999 Eclipse Gs
Mods: CAI, Apexi N1, Trans-Go Shift Kit
Waiting: Apexi SAFC, 310 Injectors, money

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, ttieuca, Jul-25-03 08:10 AM, #1
RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Jul-25-03 09:44 AM, #2
RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, SilverEclipseGs, Jul-25-03 01:03 PM, #3
      RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Jul-25-03 03:48 PM, #4
           RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, amljbs, Jul-25-03 05:20 PM, #5
                RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Jul-25-03 05:53 PM, #6
                     RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, amljbs, Jul-26-03 05:03 AM, #7
                          RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Jul-26-03 12:37 PM, #8
                               RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, WIKKI, Aug-17-03 06:40 PM, #9
                                    RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, jayjay, Aug-19-03 04:26 PM, #10
                                         RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Aug-19-03 04:28 PM, #11
                                              RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, jayjay, Aug-19-03 04:58 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission, Joe B Slow, Aug-19-03 05:20 PM, #13

ttieucaJul-25-03 08:10 AM
Member since May 12th 2003
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1687, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 0

my shiet is jux like urs man.. on the highway.. going at like 70 .. RPM will go up as high as 4. 80... it will be like 4.5... i changed the TC and all that necessary shit.. did everything i could.. stilll f*cked up.. i really don't know what's wrong with it.. Overdrive light work and everything.. shiettttttttt.. someone help please for real..

Bao

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Joe B SlowJul-25-03 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1690, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-25-03 09:44 AM by Joe B Slow

1)When going about 80 MPH the RPMs kinda stick at 4K untill I
let off the gas and get back on it, then it will jump pass 4k to 5k or so.

1} That is your torque converter locking up. Believe it or not that is supposed to happen. There is a mechanism to combat that, but im not sure if youre ready for that yet.

2) Tonight when I was driving home I accelerated normally and
noticed that I was almost redlining at 3rd gear and I couldnt
figure out why exactly, so I let off the gas and made it shift
into 4th and all was fine.

2} This is normal too, mine does the same thing. My car will redline in almost every gear but 4th (because of TC lock up) if i let it.

3) All in all the Tranny feels like a slug theres no power
band or anything, I'm thinking about getting the Tranny
flushed with new fulid (BG Syncho Shift) but I did that about
4-5 months ago so could that be the problem?

3} DO NOT use any other fluid than either MOPAR atf+3 or +4 or just regular ATF+3. DO NOT use Mercon or Dexron 3 or any other fluid than stated above. I wouldnt even use Multi-Vehicle tranny fluid.

If you got more questions. As

edit : "but I did that about
4-5 months ago so could that be the problem?"
YES YES YES

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

SilverEclipseGsJul-25-03 01:03 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
32 posts,
#1691, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the help, soo TC lock up huh I've read on here that you can emlinate that but your right I dont think I want to do that yet.

I havent used the BG snycho shift yet just good ole' stuff that Valvoline uses.

Terry
1999 Eclipse Gs
Mods: CAI, Apexi N1, Trans-Go Shift Kit
Waiting: Apexi SAFC, 310 Injectors, money

Joe B SlowJul-25-03 03:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1695, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 3

At Jiffy Lube we hate Valvolin . lol Make sure you watch them if they do a flush or fill. Make for certain they're using ATF+3. DO NOT let them tell you that you can use any other fluid. If they do, LEAV

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsJul-25-03 05:20 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1696, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 4

Joe he has a 1999 he needs to use ATF +4

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowJul-25-03 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1697, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 5

Well he doesnt have to necassarily, but would be a good idea since his car will probably last well into the non atf+3 days.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsJul-26-03 05:03 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1700, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 6

Ive been told by chrysler that its ok to go from ATF +3 to ATF +4 but not the other way around.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowJul-26-03 12:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1701, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 7

ditto^

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

WIKKIAug-17-03 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#1774, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 8

synchroshift is for a standard transmission. FYI

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

jayjayAug-19-03 04:26 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2003
13 posts,
#1777, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 9

I know you guys all mean well, but 4800rpm at 80mph is not right. I'm a mitsu master tech ( I work on bmw's now however..more money), and I can tell you from experience that your convertor is not locking up. Could be a number of different things causing it, but that is not right. 70mph should come in at 2500rpm, with 80 at 3500-3800 rpm if the convertor is locked up. ONLY use the mopar atf +4 in your 99. No off brands without an additive to ensure proper clutch enggement in your auto trans. Dex 3, valvoline muti veh, and various others doo not have the proper friction modifier for our trans...you will have lots of problems with alternative fluids. Hope that helps

Joe B SlowAug-19-03 04:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1778, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 10

hmm...im at 80mph at 3k. before and after a soft overhaul of the trans. This is od on and TC lock up on.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

jayjayAug-19-03 04:58 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2003
13 posts,
#1779, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 11

sound right....3500 was an aprox...keep in mind our tachs can be off as much as 250rpm..and the speedos have an error of +/- 5mph

Joe B SlowAug-19-03 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1780, "RE: Some werid stuff with my Transmission"
In response to Reply # 12

haha, if my tach was at 3500 under my normal interstate cruise of 90 id be worried. Worried more about the guage to the right going down rather quickly (gas).

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1685 Previous topic | Next topic