Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1567
View in linear mode

Subject: "tranny slipping, help?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starJul-18-03 02:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1567, "tranny slipping, help?"

sometimes when let off the gas(especially goibg uphill) my tranny slips.... sounds like its lipp down a gear, or into neutral for a second...any idea what this could be?

tia

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Joe B SlowJul-18-03 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1570, "RE: tranny slipping, help?"
In response to Reply # 0

Does it kinda feel like the whole front of the car falls on its face? I get the same thing - i think it may have something to do wit the torque converter spinning. Its got all that forward motion and then when you let off the gas it kinda jolts it or something. Then again i was thinking maybe its a clogged fuel filter. lol i dunno what it is.

joe

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajna_starJul-18-03 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#1571, "RE: tranny slipping, help?"
In response to Reply # 1

not really, its kinda like a downshifted, or shifted into neutral for a split sec..... the rpms raise up a bit

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

amljbsJul-18-03 03:43 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1572, "RE: tranny slipping, help?"
In response to Reply # 2

wrong fluid level could cause that problem to happen. Or not enough pressure for the fluid. Its also possible that the input sensor is going out that would cause similar problems but you should throw a cel on that one.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1567 Previous topic | Next topic