Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1344
View in linear mode

Subject: "weird sound at shift" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsJun-26-03 03:53 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1344, "weird sound at shift"

Ive always noticed since Ive started modding the car that at shift it sounds like the damn car is farting at WOT. Lately since Ive installed the cold air in exchange for the short ram air Ive noticed that the shifts sound even more fart like than before. I know there has to be a better way to explain this sound but I cant think of it. I have heard other AT eclipses do it but never a manual eclipse anyone know why our cars fart when they shift at WOT. And if so is there a way to silence the cars ass.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: weird sound at shift, dfresh, Jun-26-03 07:17 PM, #1
RE: weird sound at shift, WIKKI, Jun-30-03 09:38 PM, #2
      RE: weird sound at shift, Dark Ringleader, Jul-01-03 02:21 PM, #3
           RE: weird sound at shift, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-01-03 10:44 PM, #4
                RE: weird sound at shift, python6586, Jul-02-03 10:14 AM, #5
                     RE: weird sound at shift, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-02-03 01:00 PM, #6
                          RE: weird sound at shift, amljbs, Jul-02-03 01:32 PM, #7
                               RE: weird sound at shift, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-02-03 04:40 PM, #8
                                    RE: weird sound at shift, amljbs, Jul-02-03 05:43 PM, #9
                                         RE: weird sound at shift, Dirty, Jul-03-03 01:48 PM, #10

dfreshJun-26-03 07:17 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1345, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 0

im auto and i have the sound too......from what ive been told its the intake suckin air in that makes that sound......and when our gears change we are not letting off the gas......so that has something to do with the sound too.......thats why the manuels dont have it because most of the time they let off the gas to switch gears....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WIKKIJun-30-03 09:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#1387, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 1

our ecu also pulls timing at shifts to keep from breaking our trans. I imagine THAT causes the "fart"

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Dark RingleaderJul-01-03 02:21 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#1390, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 2

I have yet to hear this magical "fart" so I dunno what your talkin bout.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

9D9 MITSU RSJul-01-03 10:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1394, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 3

drop the pan if you are concerned to check for metal, etc. A fluid change can work wonders if ur tranny is acting up. My car made a woosh type sound b4. The filter had fallen down into the pan and was making air bubbles. The filter just plugs in, so it can fall down. It sucks. *no pun intended* Just do a fluid change.

python6586Jul-02-03 10:14 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1402, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 4

yea i get teh fart out of the exhaust to and since i put the cai intake on when its shifts at wot i get teh loudest crackling noise out of the intake it sounds mea

9D9 MITSU RSJul-02-03 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1408, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 5

my cai sounds like a weak BOV if I let off then get back on it for the shift. It's kewl. The car made a weird woosh/rumble on shifts when the tranny filter had dropped.

amljbsJul-02-03 01:32 PM
587 posts,
#1409, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 6

I dont think it has to do with the filter. Besides it did it before I did the shift kit and when I did that everything got replaced so I think its something normal. Other ATX Eclipses make the same sound.

1998 Eclipse GST

9D9 MITSU RSJul-02-03 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1418, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 7

I wish I knew a way to describe the sound I think u are talking about. It's kinda like a muffled sound like air movement? I guess a weird fart or something? I think I got u. I get that sometimes if I try to chirp 2nd and time it wrong. I always thought it was intake backfire.

amljbsJul-02-03 05:43 PM
587 posts,
#1421, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah thats exactly what Im describing. If you miss the chirp it does it nice and loud.

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyJul-03-03 01:48 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1427, "RE: weird sound at shift"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-03-03 01:48 PM by Dirty

I get it every time I bounce off the redline. I like it. It also scares the fuck out of the guy next to you!

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1344 Previous topic | Next topic