Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1301
View in linear mode

Subject: "what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starJun-19-03 07:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1301, "what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"

omgtia2u!

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, Joe B Slow, Jun-19-03 07:35 PM, #1
RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, soulcontroller, Jun-19-03 07:38 PM, #2
      RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-01-03 10:50 PM, #3
           RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, DSMkarz, Jul-14-03 04:18 PM, #4
                RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, Joe B Slow, Jul-14-03 04:45 PM, #5
                     RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, amljbs, Jul-14-03 05:26 PM, #6
                          RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?, Joe B Slow, Jul-14-03 05:40 PM, #7

Joe B SlowJun-19-03 07:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1302, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tisk Tisk, shoulda searched.

The brands used on this board, as far as I know, are Hayden, B&M, and I think one called Trans Cool or something.

Heres a thread discussing coolers extensively.
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1100&mesg_id=1100&page=

Should get ya somewhere! btw, Summitracing.com has some really nice coolers, but you dont need anything fancy smancy. and I wouldnt get anything more than a 4-6 pass cooler. Otherwise you may cool the fluid way too much.

Good luc .

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerJun-19-03 07:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1303, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 1

i use the perma cool.

9D9 MITSU RSJul-01-03 10:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1396, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 2

fluidyne or B&M would be my pick.

DSMkarzJul-14-03 04:18 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
184 posts,
#1501, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 3

I think I'm going w/ the perma cool too. I was looking at them in my Summit cat today at work. This may be a dumb question but does the trans feel any diff when the xtra cooler is on?

TeamLSR member @ landspeedracing.com

Joe B SlowJul-14-03 04:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1504, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 4

May shift somewhat quicker, but other than that, not really. Its more of a "make me feel good about myself im taking care of my tranny" feeling. Interstate driving is a lot better though. Forcing all the air onto it really helps out a lot. Least thats what i noticed.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsJul-14-03 05:26 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1505, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-14-03 05:27 PM by amljbs

I disagree there a little joe I felt a noticeable difference all around in my shifts but yeah especially on the interstate after installing the cooler. I personally like the B&M cooler it does cost more but it just seems to be built much better than some of the others that Ive seen.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowJul-14-03 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1507, "RE: what kind of tranny cooler should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 6

I only feel the difference at like 60mph+. Other wise theres not enough air moving over the cooler to be efficient enough to feel a difference. But I did notice that when i slam the gas on the interstate it sure isnt afraid to hit 5k before it comes back down. Scare the shit outta me seeing it go from 3-6k in like a second.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1301 Previous topic | Next topic