Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1268
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone that has disabled converter lockup???" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSJun-17-03 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1268, "anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"

How did you do it? I want to wire a switch for mine, but I think I would have to go back thru the computer to do that. Is there a write-up? My dad doesn't know how to do this for electronically controlled cars. He said he could, but it'd be a bitch and he didn't know about the computer.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, soulcontroller, Jun-17-03 08:41 AM, #1
RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, InFiNiT3, Jun-17-03 10:03 PM, #2
RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, amljbs, Jun-18-03 02:39 AM, #3
      RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, python6586, Jun-18-03 06:26 AM, #4
           RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, amljbs, Jun-18-03 07:57 AM, #5
                RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, soulcontroller, Jun-18-03 12:36 PM, #6
                     RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, InFiNiT3, Jun-18-03 03:02 PM, #7
                          RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???, Joe B Slow, Jun-18-03 03:54 PM, #8

soulcontrollerJun-17-03 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1270, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-17-03 08:44 AM by soulcontroller

there is a write up on this page, you just have to scroll down a little bit.

the hardest part of the whole thing was pulling back the electrical tape to expose enough of the black wire to splice lol.

there isnt really anything you have to do with the computer. just cut one wire, and splice 2 new wires into it leading into a switch. the writeup has pics included...

*edit - here is the link to the thread.
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=945&mesg_id=945&page=

i would definately have a tranny cooler installed as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

InFiNiT3Jun-17-03 10:03 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#1278, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 0

fully agree with S.C. get the cooler if you do this... also... it will trip your codes... a p07003 will show.. but its no biggy

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

amljbsJun-18-03 02:39 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1282, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a 99 and I have been using the TQ lockup switch off and on since we found out about it and have never thrown any codes because of it.

1998 Eclipse GST

python6586Jun-18-03 06:26 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1283, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 3

me either, i got a 99 and i only use it when me n my friend are racing and we get up around 70. and i never had a code thrown. also do you still think i needa trans cooler if i only use it for short periods of time spaced out pretty much?

amljbsJun-18-03 07:57 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1285, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 4

Personally I would run a cooler regardless but thats me. But when you start running the TQ lockup switch you can build up heat quick so I would say yes it would be a good idea.

1998 Eclipse GST

soulcontrollerJun-18-03 12:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1286, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 5

yea, what ^^ said. and ive never thrown codes either... so i dont know whats up with that.

InFiNiT3Jun-18-03 03:02 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#1290, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 6

wisj i knew why too... it trew a p0703 code at me..... but then again the switch was probaly in the wrong posistion..

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Joe B SlowJun-18-03 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1293, "RE: anyone that has disabled converter lockup???"
In response to Reply # 7

You guys arnt "throwing codes" to the ECU because its not the ECU making the codes. The TCU is throwing the codes, i believe. Cant do the keydance for all that mojo. When I was at the tranny shop they had a huge ass machine, like a medieval game controller. And I wasnt throwing any codes, but hoping to do the mod soo

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1268 Previous topic | Next topic