Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1100
View in linear mode

Subject: "cooler done" Previous topic | Next topic
InFiNiT3Jun-04-03 08:07 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1100, "cooler done"

hey guys... just thuaght i'd tell ya i got my cooler in today... looks/runs nice....... i must have been running very hot cause it seems to shift smoother now.... oh ya and i decided to go with the hayden trans cooler.
(21$ @ auto zone)

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: cooler done, soulcontroller, Jun-04-03 08:49 PM, #1
RE: cooler done, amljbs, Jun-05-03 02:44 AM, #2
      RE: cooler done, jsupetran, Jun-05-03 06:03 AM, #3
           RE: cooler done, InFiNiT3, Jun-05-03 11:27 AM, #4
                RE: cooler done, soulcontroller, Jun-05-03 12:20 PM, #5
                     RE: cooler done, amljbs, Jun-05-03 01:58 PM, #6
                          RE: cooler done, jsupetran, Jun-05-03 06:43 PM, #7
                               RE: cooler done, soulcontroller, Jun-05-03 08:49 PM, #8
                                    RE: cooler done, amljbs, Jun-06-03 02:43 AM, #9
                                         RE: cooler done, Joe B Slow, Jun-06-03 05:25 AM, #10
                                              RE: cooler done, shuwa29, Jun-06-03 05:43 AM, #11
                                                   RE: cooler done, Joe B Slow, Jun-06-03 05:48 AM, #12
                                                        RE: cooler done, shuwa29, Jun-06-03 06:19 AM, #13
                                                             RE: cooler done, amljbs, Jun-06-03 08:05 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: cooler done, python6586, Jun-07-03 08:45 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: cooler done, Joe B Slow, Jun-07-03 09:17 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: cooler done, python6586, Jun-07-03 12:01 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: cooler done, Joe B Slow, Jun-07-03 12:41 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: cooler done, silvreclipsers, Jun-09-03 08:49 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: cooler done, InFiNiT3, Jun-09-03 09:19 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: cooler done, Joe B Slow, Jun-10-03 10:56 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: cooler done, soulcontroller, Jun-10-03 11:02 AM, #22

soulcontrollerJun-04-03 08:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1101, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 0

pics of the install? im putting mine in tomorrow. thanks amljbs for the pics yesterday. more than what i expected!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsJun-05-03 02:44 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1102, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 1

No problem with the pics . I also felt a difference after doing the cooler just seemed to shift better overall. Especially after being on the interstate for long periods of time.

1998 Eclipse GST

jsupetranJun-05-03 06:03 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1103, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 2

is 21 bucks a good intercooler or is it better to go with a b&m for 50?

how hard is it to install?
-------jezreel

InFiNiT3Jun-05-03 11:27 AM
732 posts,
#1104, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 3

ya the 21$ cooler is a good one... (hayden) they also have a hi-pro one for about 35$ just another 2" worth of surface area. but the install was very easy...... prolly one of the easiest things ive ever done to the car.. took me about 20 mins to install with the mounting kit that was included.

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc

soulcontrollerJun-05-03 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1105, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 4

lol, mine was a pain in the ass trying to fit in in between the fmic and ac condenser, and moving pipes around to get to the line fittings. so i have a fmic, tranny cooler, ac condenser, then radiator lol.

amljbsJun-05-03 01:58 PM
587 posts,
#1107, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 5

Atleast you remembered to clamp all the hoses tight . I on the other hand left one lose and dumped a gallon of tranny fluid on the garage floor.

1998 Eclipse GST

jsupetranJun-05-03 06:43 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1116, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 6

looks like i'll have a little project monday. i'll try the tranny cooler and then the oil cooler before the turbo goes in.

-------jezreel

soulcontrollerJun-05-03 08:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1117, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 7

good idea jez.

wow, i dont know if its just me or not, but i think the cooler makes a big difference in how the car is shifting. it seems a lot smoother, at least at WOT. well worth the 30 or so bucks, especially if it saves your tranny...

amljbsJun-06-03 02:43 AM
587 posts,
#1119, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 8

Just wondering about you guys and the coolers you have. I have noticed that no matter how hot the tranny gets my B&M cooler never seems to get anywhere near hot.

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowJun-06-03 05:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1120, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 9

Hmmm. That doesnt seem right man. How did you run your cooler? Straight from the transmission or did you go through the stock cooler?

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

shuwa29Jun-06-03 05:43 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#1121, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 10

what are the sizes of the coolers you guys are using? my buddy got one from his work off of a saab and it's 10 inches long, 2 inches high, and 1.5 inches thick. would this be ok to use? i mean, it was free and all. if not, let me know what would be better and at a good cost.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Joe B SlowJun-06-03 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1122, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 11

Free sounds good to me for a good price! Sounds like it'd work too. Just gotta watch what its made of. Ive heard of stock coolers getting so hot they collapse and bend and cut off fluid. Which would defeat the purpose of cooling. Give it a try though! Couldnt hurt.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

shuwa29Jun-06-03 06:19 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#1123, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 12

like the one i got is off a saab like i said. it's all shiny like stainless steal as compared to our stock black coolers. plus, it is 1 1/2 inches thick and 10 inches long so it seems it should be of some quality. oh well, i'll try and get it hooked up this weekend if it doesn't rain.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

amljbsJun-06-03 08:05 AM
587 posts,
#1124, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 13

I am getting flow from it trust me I know the fluids going through it . However the way I have it setup its in direct airflow and the fluid passes through the inline filter which is in an area where it gets airflow on the filter it then goes to the radiator and then to the cooler then back to the tranny. The cooler warms up but it doesnt get hot at all. When you feel the hose coming off the inline filter it feels nice and hot but when it makes it back out the cooler the hose is just slightly warm.

1998 Eclipse GST

python6586Jun-07-03 08:45 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1134, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 14

i was thinking about putting a tranny cooler in i was just wondering what lines to run it off of any pics would be appreciated.

Joe B SlowJun-07-03 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1135, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 15

Take your intake off. Look straight down at your tranny. Two lines will be coming out. Run high pressure hose out of there into your tranny cooler. Pretty simpl .

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

python6586Jun-07-03 12:01 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1137, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 16

ok could i run a line from the tranny to a remote filter then from the remote filter to the cooler than back into the tranny. and if i would do this hot much if any tranny fluid would i loose or have to put back in. also where do those lines go to? the stock cooler? and would i have to take that out.

Joe B SlowJun-07-03 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1138, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 17

Its pretty simple. Id totally get rid of your stock cooler. Its nothing more than one line going across your radiator. What you do is...

Do what I said in the other post. Follow the rubber lines coming out of your tranny. They will hit hard lines. Get rid of all that you see going to the radiator. Should be two rubber lines and two hard lines stuck together.

Now, get a cooler/remote filter. Run from the left line coming out of the tranny into the remote filter, from there go into the cooler "in", from the cooler "out" go into the right side of the tranny.

Thats pretty generic, can be set up many ways but thats pretty much the simple way. Just ditch those shitty stock hard lines. Cause you'll be getting 3/8 line from autozone if you do it the way I had it done. THe stock lines are teeny, dont want that.

If you need more help hit me up on AOL. Screen names in the sig.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

silvreclipsersJun-09-03 08:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#1156, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 18
Jun-09-03 08:50 PM by silvreclipsers

is this it? I'll be getting that soon if it is =o)

InFiNiT3Jun-09-03 09:19 PM
732 posts,
#1159, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 19

yup there she is! have fun!

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****

Joe B SlowJun-10-03 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1165, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 19
Jun-10-03 10:57 AM by Joe B Slow

>
>
>is this it? I'll be getting that soon if it is =o)

thats the one i got:)

ps - i dunno if anyone else noticed, but somehow when my fans are on that cooler is situated so perfectly that the air hits it when im at a stop if the fans are o . Its fast moving forced feelig air too. Thought id share

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

soulcontrollerJun-10-03 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1166, "RE: cooler done"
In response to Reply # 21
Jun-10-03 11:02 AM by soulcontroller

here is where i mounted mine. its the perma cool, i forget which model, but was around 30 bucks.

its right beind the fmic, in front of the ac condenser. i had a hard time finding a place for it, but managed to fit it perfectly right there...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1100 Previous topic | Next topic