Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1045
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quick HELP with Shift kit" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsJun-01-03 06:07 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1045, "Quick HELP with Shift kit"

Ok guys Im doing it today finally . I dropped the pan already cleaned the pan drilled the hole for the drain plug set the magnets. Now the fun part . Before I remove the valve body I want to make sure I remove everything that needs to be removed. I know that I need to disconnect the shift linkage but if someone could clarify that a little more for me I would apreciate it. Also I only see two sensors the input and output below that I see some wire harnesses but no sensors. I just dont want to end up breaking shit by pulling it with something connected. Thanks in advance guys.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soulcontrollerJun-01-03 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1048, "RE: Quick HELP with Shift kit"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-01-03 06:34 AM by soulcontroller

sand the hell out of the shift rod from the engine bay with some really fine grit sandpaper. i had a hell of a time trying to drop my valve body because there was a liiiittle bit of dirt on that rod, and was getting hung up. as for disconnecting the stuff from the rod, there is just one or 2 bolts you need to undo that are connected to that rod, that hold the shift linkage to it.

there should be 1 or 2 electronic connectors that you disconnect from the tranny in the engine bay as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsJun-01-03 07:05 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1049, "RE: Quick HELP with Shift kit"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-01-03 07:37 AM by amljbs

http://www20.brinkster.com/amljbs/tranny.jpg

This is what I have thus far do I need to remove any other
sensor other than the one I show as removed.

Also the car is in neutral at the moment will that work or
should I put it in first.

1998 Eclipse GST

soulcontrollerJun-01-03 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1050, "RE: Quick HELP with Shift kit"
In response to Reply # 2

yea, it looks like youve got all the sensors.  you should
really clean up the shift rod though.  i thought i did a
decent job on mine, and it was reaaaally tough to get out.  i
cleaned it up once it was out and it went back in no problem. 
you may want to have a friend just watch from above to make
sure nothing gets hung up.  

good luck!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1045 Previous topic | Next topic