Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #773
View in linear mode

Subject: "tranny won't downshift" Previous topic | Next topic
ghostshellxApr-30-03 01:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#773, "tranny won't downshift"

coming home from work this morning, after getting on it(115mph). After getting off my exit, and after a few lights the tranny wouldn't downshift. Don't know yet if it was just the instance or what yet but does anyone have ne suggestion on what could cause this (btw the temp this morning is 62)

TIA

The 2GNT is Gone... and the curse too!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DirtyApr-30-03 11:37 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#776, "RE: tranny won't downshift"
In response to Reply # 0

When I get on it like that, I usually can't keep it from downshifting once I try to drive normal again. Would it not downshiftat all, or just not do it when you got back on the gas?

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyApr-30-03 05:20 PM
1405 posts,
#789, "RE: tranny won't downshift"
In response to Reply # 1

Wait a minute. This does happen to me. Every since I got the MP TB. Do you have the MP TB? Or do you have the jeep one?

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxMay-01-03 01:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#793, "RE: tranny won't downshift"
In response to Reply # 2

i have a ported jeep tb(62mm) and fully ported intake manifold, so your car does it too. This is the first time i have really got on it like that since i put the tb & intake manifold on.

DirtyMay-01-03 12:02 PM
1405 posts,
#796, "RE: tranny won't downshift"
In response to Reply # 3

Like I said. This only started when I put the MP 60mm TB on. I think thats our problem.

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxMay-01-03 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#800, "RE: tranny won't downshift"
In response to Reply # 4

that makes me feel better

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #773 Previous topic | Next topic