Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3544
View in linear mode

Subject: "my last big spending" Previous topic | Next topic
alain95i4Mar-28-05 03:47 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3544, "my last big spending"

mucho dollars went out of my pockets for that a604 pulled from a PT Cruiser Turbo with less than 7000 km

supposed to be stronger it could tolerate 300 hp on the PT Cruiser Turbo

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-29-05 03:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3545, "RE: my last big spending"
In response to Reply # 0

mmmmmmm yummy, looks soo pretty

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerMar-29-05 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3546, "RE: my last big spending"
In response to Reply # 1

thats awesome alain. im curious to see how it holds up. i have a strange feeling this is the last functional summer for my a604.

Keith2172Mar-29-05 06:08 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#3547, "RE: my last big spending"
In response to Reply # 2

How much does it have in common with our transmissions? Could one simply rebuild one of our tranny's with PT Cruiser turbo ATX parts and get the same result? Could save money on a core and not have to spend a lot of money looking for a low-mileage used one.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

alain95i4Mar-29-05 01:04 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#3551, "RE: my last big spending"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-29-05 01:05 PM by alain95i4

what i can confirm

this tranny is made around the 2001 re-design of the a604
plus clutch pack is stronger than non-turbo
torque converter has a higher stall speed but no one so far could tell me what's the rpm
basically the same tranny as the Pacifica but with a bell housing made for the I4 engines

probably that you could do a major overall of a older one and bring it to pt turbo specs

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

97whitESiMar-29-05 04:02 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#3553, "RE: my last big spending"
In response to Reply # 4

kinda like people building A413s w/ minivan internals GL

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3544 Previous topic | Next topic