Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2794
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can't install Tranny Cooler..." Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiApr-17-04 08:01 AM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2794, "Can't install Tranny Cooler..."

Well, before attempting to install the tranny cooler my friend (mechanic) told me that I wouldn't be able to install it in my 95 model because there was no room. I've seen everyone successfully do it here but was also aware that everybody seemed to be 97+. I wanted to make sure and was wondering if anybody with 95-96 eclipses has their tranny cooler installed?

P.S. I was aware that you could install on the driver side vent but I prefer it to be in front of the radiator.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., jsupetran, Apr-17-04 09:48 AM, #1
RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., bokchoi, Apr-17-04 06:41 PM, #2
      RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., mcgyvr, Apr-18-04 03:46 AM, #3
           RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., ModeratorCorbin, Apr-19-04 06:22 AM, #4
                RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., bokchoi, Apr-19-04 09:32 AM, #5
                     RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..., oRACLe063, Apr-23-04 06:50 AM, #6

jsupetranApr-17-04 09:48 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2795, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-17-04 09:50 AM by jsupetran

Corbin (95-96) did it. How big is the cooler? If worse comes to worse and you can install it on the area infront of the driver's side wheel, you can mount it infront of the radiator.

edit: Just read the PS part... How thick is the cooler? You might have to disassemble the front bumper and take off the metal brackets bolter to where the good lach area is.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bokchoiApr-17-04 06:41 PM
412 posts,
#2797, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 1

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2734&mode=full

I think its the same one as this post. Mines is a Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler, would that still work?

mcgyvrApr-18-04 03:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2798, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 2

it will work just fine, you just need to mount it anywhere you can get it to fit that will get some fresh cool air blowing on it, I just mounted mine infront of the radiator on the drivers side, and yep I had to take the bumper off, but Ive also got an avenger but it fits just fine when you get it in there.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ModeratorCorbinApr-19-04 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2805, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 3

Most tranny coolers will fit just fine behind the drivers side vent. You will have to make your own brackets. The only way to really know is to try to install it. I have a '95 with a trans cooler on the drivers scoop, oil cooler in the passenger scoop, and a FMIC in front of the radiator...there is a good bit of room if you try.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

bokchoiApr-19-04 09:32 AM
412 posts,
#2806, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 4

Appreciate the help, I'll give it a try sometime.

oRACLe063Apr-23-04 06:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#2815, "RE: Can't install Tranny Cooler..."
In response to Reply # 5

my b&m didnt fit on my 97 ... i would need to remove the impact bumper ... which im not ... haydens here i come

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2794 Previous topic | Next topic