Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2541
View in linear mode

Subject: "OD rewire..help?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starFeb-02-04 06:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2541, "OD rewire..help?"

what kind of switch do i need(i want one that works the same way as the stocker) what kind of amp/volt rating should it be?

when i rewire it, should the black and yellow be together,or the red and yellow.... so the OD light still works...

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: OD rewire..help?, ajna_star, Feb-03-04 03:13 PM, #1
RE: OD rewire..help?, jsupetran, Feb-03-04 03:36 PM, #2
      RE: OD rewire..help?, ajna_star, Feb-04-04 03:48 PM, #3
           RE: OD rewire..help?, jsupetran, Feb-04-04 08:13 PM, #4
                RE: OD rewire..help?, xtreme96gs, Feb-05-04 02:24 AM, #5
                     RE: OD rewire..help?, ajna_star, Feb-06-04 08:27 PM, #6
                          RE: OD rewire..help?, xtreme96gs, Feb-08-04 07:26 AM, #7

ajna_starFeb-03-04 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2544, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 0

ok self answer... i got the stuff today...

radioshack on/off push button... 2 female connectors, electric tape...

twist the red & yellow together.. connect them to one female

black to the other female

thats the stock wiring...

i have OD off most of the tinme, and the light annoys me. so i wired it reverse so the light is only ON when OD is OFF...

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranFeb-03-04 03:36 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2546, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 1

Can you post pics of the switch?

I am thinking of putting the OD switch at the steering wheel cause OD off plus boost= insane speed when switching lanes .

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Originally posted by DarkOne
Dino's dating tips, in 3 easy steps:
1) Club them over the head.
2) drag them home.
3) introduce myself in the morning.

ajna_starFeb-04-04 03:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#2552, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 2

dood, im gonna put the switch on my steering wheel this weekend lol... ill make a writeup w/ pics

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

jsupetranFeb-04-04 08:13 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2555, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 3

Cool. I've been to lazy to make a post about locating the right switch for this. I am thinking of a trigger type of switch, or maybe even a push pedal type of deal. Just throwing out an idea, but I was thinking of locating a switch small enought to fit and hole I would drill next to the left horn button.

Maybe I should make a different post...

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Originally posted by DarkOne
Dino's dating tips, in 3 easy steps:
1) Club them over the head.
2) drag them home.
3) introduce myself in the morning.

xtreme96gsFeb-05-04 02:24 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2003
264 posts,
#2556, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-05-04 02:25 AM by xtreme96gs

i believe the correct wiring is a single pole double throw switch, with the 12+ (red?) going to the center prong - and the other two wires going to the other remaining prongs. When the switch is thrown one way it will connect 12 volts to the light, saying "O/D OFF". When thrown the other way, the light loses 12 volts and goes off, and the TCU or something gets 12 volts turning the overdrive on. ohh yeah- i believe the yellow wire actually turns the od on and off, the black wire just turn s the light on and off.

---Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight.---

engine:Je Forged pistons .20
Eagle connecting rods
crankscraper
3-angle valve job
mild p/p
Crower stage 2 cams
Crowers valve springs
Aem cam gears
Pacesetter 4-2-1 headers
AEM V2 CAI
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Final Drive gears from 99 Stratus
Transgo shift kit
Hayden 6 pass trans. cooler

ajna_starFeb-06-04 08:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#2559, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 5

i got a 'push on/push off' switch form radio shack...

red and yellow go together

black alone

(i have it wired reverse right now, and the light comes ON when OD is ON...oposite of stock)

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

xtreme96gsFeb-08-04 07:26 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2003
264 posts,
#2562, "RE: OD rewire..help?"
In response to Reply # 6

thats just cuz you twisted the red and yellow together, in the factory switch they all go to different poles of the switch so that only one of the two are connected to black at any one point in time. Doesnt sound like a bad indea tho, that od off light is annoying being on all the time

---Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight.---

engine:Je Forged pistons .20
Eagle connecting rods
crankscraper
3-angle valve job
mild p/p
Crower stage 2 cams
Crowers valve springs
Aem cam gears
Pacesetter 4-2-1 headers
AEM V2 CAI
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Final Drive gears from 99 Stratus
Transgo shift kit
Hayden 6 pass trans. cooler

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2541 Previous topic | Next topic