Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1838
View in linear mode

Subject: "oh no why now help me,im scared guys please help" Previous topic | Next topic
DAug-29-03 03:15 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2003
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1838, "oh no why now help me,im scared guys please help"

I just put in a tranny cooler and cold air intake ,everything was running fine and then it happen,my transmission jumped into what i think might be second gear,whats the deal, when i turn the car off and then back on the tranny works fine,but then after about 10 to 15 minutes driving it does it again,i went to auto zone and had it checked with the computer and it said something about manufacturer tranny malfunction,what the hell does that mean,what am i going to do is this going to cost me a crap load o cash,is it safe to drive it like this,I dont know why it would do this ,i got the lines from the tranny cooler ran in where the factory lines run from the radiator to the tranny the only mods i have done are tranny cooler, cold air intake, gutted catalytic converter,and i changed my oil the same day all this happen with 5w30 castrol,help me guys im scare

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Joe B SlowAug-29-03 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1839, "RE: oh no why now help me,im scared guys please help"
In response to Reply # 0

Check your transmission fluid level. Check for leaks in fluid.

If you dunno how to check tranny fluid level.

warm the car up, run through each gear for about 5 seconds in this order : P, R, N, D, N, R, N.

Make sure you are on a level surface and check the level. Of course put your parking break on when in all gears.

If you're levels low, get it in spec and see what happens.

Your car has gone into limp-home mode, which means, normally, something is wrong and it is going into 2nd gear to get you home. Hence the name.

Be glad you wernt on the interstate going about 80 and that happened.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1838 Previous topic | Next topic