Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #896
View in linear mode

Subject: "se-r spec v" Previous topic | Next topic
that_cool_guy18Mar-23-02 05:32 AM
Member since Feb 02nd 2002
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#896, "se-r spec v"

instead of the neon i bought the demo car at key nisan. the motor was pretty damn close to being broke in with over 700 mileson it so i went and took it to the track. i beat a 3000gt, new mustang
GT (w/auto) a 99 civic si(cai, exhaust), a civic hatch (del sol motor swap w/ intake exhaust and a whole lot of computer shit? i was bone stock. i can get as low as 15.1 w/ only exhaust and intake + i have 2 cats, so when i run the straighht pipe it will be even lower.

the eclipse is gon but i sold it to my brother so it is still in the famil i bought the nissan se-r spec i like it for the price i paid. once the aftermarket starts coming into play i will have one hella fast biotch. i gteched her at 15.4 with 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: se-r spec v, that_cool_guy18, Mar-23-02 05:35 AM, #1
RE: se-r spec v, Tantalus000, Mar-29-02 07:04 PM, #2
RE: se-r spec v, SaberKhan, Mar-31-02 07:49 AM, #3
RE: se-r spec v, that_cool_guy18, Apr-02-02 07:46 PM, #6
RE%3A se-r spec v, that_cool_guy18, Apr-02-02 07:47 PM, #7
RE: se-r spec v, LS1Z28Chris, Mar-31-02 10:34 AM, #4
      RE: se-r spec v, that_cool_guy18, Apr-02-02 07:43 PM, #5
           RE: se-r spec v, SaberKhan, Apr-03-02 09:04 AM, #8
                RE: se-r spec v, SaberKhan, Apr-03-02 04:22 PM, #9
                     RE: se-r spec v, that_cool_guy18, Apr-03-02 06:04 PM, #10
                          RE: se-r spec v, PettyCash, Apr-04-02 07:19 AM, #11
                          RE: se-r spec v, LS1Z28Chris, Apr-09-02 09:13 AM, #12

that_cool_guy18Mar-23-02 05:35 AM
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#897, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 0

oh and my 1/8 time was anywhere from 10.21 to 10.43. the best i could get my 60' ft time was 2.67 ( i have to practice w/ all of this torque, all i do is spin all of 1st gear)

the eclipse is gon but i sold it to my brother so it is still in the famil i bought the nissan se-r spec i like it for the price i paid. once the aftermarket starts coming into play i will have one hella fast biotch. i gteched her at 15.4 with 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tantalus000Mar-29-02 07:04 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2002
423 posts,
#898, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 0

the spec v already has a good intake and exhaust, the regular se-r doesnt, i wouldnt mess with da warranty

SaberKhanMar-31-02 07:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#899, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 2

I went round and round with a new Spec V last night. We went from 30-70 at least a dozen times. He was really frustrated, seeing how I kept keeping a fender on him every time

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

that_cool_guy18Apr-02-02 07:46 PM
147 posts,
#900, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 3

>I went round and round with a new Spec V last night. We
>went from 30-70 at least a dozen times. He was really
>frustrated, seeing how I kept keeping a fender on him every
>time

im at 15.4 bone stock. your running 15.587. maybe the owner of the spec v couldnt drive.

that_cool_guy18Apr-02-02 07:47 PM
147 posts,
#901, "RE%3A se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 3

:)

LS1Z28ChrisMar-31-02 10:34 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#902, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 2

>the spec v already has a good intake and exhaust, the
>regular se-r doesnt, i wouldnt mess with da warranty

Exhaust and intake will not void the warranty.

Chris

The Car: Silver 2000 M6 Camaro Z28, Black leather interior, t-tops.
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/chrisdyno.htm>321.4 rwhp and 338.5 ft. lbs. torque
The Mods:
<*>Performance Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, FRA mod, a K&N air filter, and the SLP Loudmouth.
<*>Appearance Mods: Black billet grille, and black carbon fiber look CAMARO letters for rear fascia, removed Z28 emblems.
<*>Misc: A two stage DEI motion sensor for when the t-tops are off.

The Website: http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris">www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

LS1.com member #17036

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?s=ef702a0c5c81e4393219cc51256ea694&postid=448163>13.729@105.8 mph with at 2.347 60'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

that_cool_guy18Apr-02-02 07:43 PM
147 posts,
#903, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 4

the exhaust is ok. it has this for lack of a better term, plate that restricts air flow until the car reaches 5000 rpms. i got to get that gone. it has 2 cats, granted they are 3 inch cats, but i have no emission laws here. the intake is another story altogether. it really sucks. it has three pipes that come together somehow at the filter. and one is "cold-air" yeah. right. nissan made the intake that way to keep the noise and vibrations down.

also guy was right intake and exhaust will not void the warranty.

my old eclipse has the block out and it is in our garage. brent bought the rebuild deal. and the tranny is getting dropped sometime this week to replace the throwout bearing clutch and pressure plate.

i love my sentra though. its great.

saberkahn,
how much have you put into your eclipse? i have a grand total of 4,240 invested into the spec. granted i will have to pay 240 a month for a while but right now the number is only 4,240.

once the aftermarket catches up with the spec it will be fast. intake and exhaust can get you a 15.1 add a crank pulley and your below 15. im talking to a guy now about getting a custom turbo setup right now. wait until i put about 8psi on that baby. woohoo. what would that be 250hp 300hp? hell i dont know, but it will be damn quick for me

SaberKhanApr-03-02 09:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#904, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 5

Well, when I ran the 15.5 my only mods were a Tenzo short ram with a big dented crack in the side, nology wires and a Greddy Power extreme catback. That and some blown shocks with 90k miles on them. I have since added an AFX udp, KYB shocks, Clutchmasters Stage 4 clutch, and an AEM cai. Havent ran it with the new mods. So, I guess when I ran the 15.5 my total investement in mods was about 900 bucks. *shrug*

1996 RS 5-speed

SaberKhanApr-03-02 04:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#905, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 8

I just snapped to the fact that your basing your 1/4 mile times off of a G-tech. If so, then I've G-teched as low as a 15 flat at an indicated 99mph with only the intake/exhaust and wires

1996 RS 5-speed

that_cool_guy18Apr-03-02 06:04 PM
147 posts,
#906, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 9

i got to find a 1/4 mile track somewhere near savannah. my cai came in today. i just got home and its 1:40 in the morning so it will have to wait until tomorrow b4 it is put on. g techs are pretty accurate though.

PettyCashApr-04-02 07:19 AM
Member since Mar 06th 2002
138 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#907, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 10

Another thing to keep in mind is that he was racing that se-r spec v from 30 mph. The spec-v may have a better low end and the eclipse better or even top end.

"YOU CAN PICK YOUR FREINDS, YOU CAN PICK YOUR NOSE, BUT YOU CAN'T PICK YOUR FRIEND'S NOSE." - ANONYMOUS

97 Eclipse GS (SOLD)
91 Galant VR4 on the way

Honda, taking the "R" out of "shirt".

LS1Z28ChrisApr-09-02 09:13 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#908, "RE: se-r spec v"
In response to Reply # 10

>i got to find a 1/4 mile track somewhere near savannah. my
>cai came in today. i just got home and its 1:40 in the
>morning so it will have to wait until tomorrow b4 it is put
>on. g techs are pretty accurate though.

Whatever you do, do not cite G-Tech times as if they were track times. You won't get much respect from many people.

Do you know where Silver Dollar Raceway is? Its in Rynolds, Georgia near Macon. That is where I go to race. Do you know how far a drive that is from you? Its about a two hour drive from me, but its a damn good track.

Chris

The Car: Silver 2000 M6 Camaro Z28, Black leather interior, t-tops.
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/chrisdyno.htm>321.4 rwhp and 338.5 ft. lbs. torque
The Mods:
<*>Performance Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, FRA mod, a K&N air filter, and the SLP Loudmouth.
<*>Appearance Mods: Black billet grille, and black carbon fiber look CAMARO letters for rear fascia, removed Z28 emblems.
<*>Misc: A two stage DEI motion sensor for when the t-tops are off.

The Website: http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris">www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

LS1.com member #17036

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?s=ef702a0c5c81e4393219cc51256ea694&postid=448163>13.729@105.8 mph with at 2.347 60'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #896 Previous topic | Next topic