Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #703
View in linear mode

Subject: "1/8mi track, should i even go?" Previous topic | Next topic
mitseclpsFeb-26-02 12:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#703, "1/8mi track, should i even go?"

there's a 1/4 mile track in town but they're more often than not not open. i think the first wed. nite test and tune is march 27. either way, there's a really shitty track up in jax. where i'll be for the next week or so and they have racing every friday nite, the track has a shortass runoff, and is only an 1/8 of a mi anyways, would i just be wasteing my time? or should i drive down to orlando and visit the dsmers down there and have some 1/4mi fun? (i'm in gainesville rite now).

-bryan
'98 rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, ModeratorVX100, Feb-26-02 04:09 AM, #1
RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, MrClean125, Feb-26-02 10:30 AM, #2
RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, mitseclps, Feb-26-02 02:01 PM, #3
      RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, MrClean125, Feb-27-02 07:30 AM, #4
           RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, Thunderous_Talon, Feb-27-02 08:27 AM, #5
                RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?, Dave_FL, Mar-04-02 02:42 PM, #6

ModeratorVX100Feb-26-02 04:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#704, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 0

why not? a drag race is a drag race. with a good launch you would have a better chance against alot of cars out there with better top end

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MrClean125Feb-26-02 10:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#705, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 0

I live in Jax and there's always a lot of Good Ole Boys there for test and tune. I went one night but we got rained out. Was gonna go down to gainesville with some friends but that got rained out too. I've been wanting to get some people together and go back, but havent had a chance yet. Since your not too far from j-ville, i'll let ya know next time i go, see if you wanna meet up and do some racing.

Dave

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

mitseclpsFeb-26-02 02:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#706, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 2

how about this saturday nite?

-bryan
'98 rst

MrClean125Feb-27-02 07:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#707, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 3

Sorry, dont think i can this saturday night, but i'll let ya know next time i do go. Maybe this sat though, maybe.

Dave

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

Thunderous_TalonFeb-27-02 08:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#708, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 4

Bryan you should come down to Orlando. It'd be good to finally meet up w/ you. see that beast run some good times plus ODSM is always in need of being shown up sometimes

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Dave_FLMar-04-02 02:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#709, "RE: 1/8mi track, should i even go?"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah come down here on the 15th. This weekend is some NHRA event but the next is open for everyone. I am prolly going. I am going to run 9-10 psi on race gas. Should get some 13's out of my car.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #703 Previous topic | Next topic