Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #650
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do our cars stack up on the road?" Previous topic | Next topic
99EclipseFeb-21-02 08:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#650, "How do our cars stack up on the road?"

Im just curious to see if our Eclipse is a feared competitor on the street.. How do we stack up against other mod freaks on the road driving there Hondas, Fords, Chevys, etc.. ??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, soldier101, Feb-22-02 12:15 AM, #1
RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-22-02 03:37 AM, #2
      RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, Breezio, Feb-22-02 05:41 AM, #3
           RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, ModeratorVX100, Feb-22-02 07:29 AM, #4
           RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, Eclipse148cel, Feb-22-02 04:33 PM, #5
                RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?, DSBLK93GT, Feb-25-02 03:20 PM, #6

soldier101Feb-22-02 12:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#651, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 0

depends on the Eclipse

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-22-02 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#652, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 1

Honestly, people fear DSMs. Especially first gens.

There was a thread on Supra Forums a while back that was asking what cars they (Supra Twin Turbo owners) fear on the street. Most people said stupid shit like Vipers and McLaren F1s and stuff, but a lot of them also had DSMs in there. One quote I remember was "I think DSMs are some of the scariest cars on the street. They all look the same. You can't tell if it is a 16 sec non-turbo or an 11 sec AWD"

Nobody fears the non-turbos. You need to prove that you are fast and get a reputation before anyone backs out of a race with a 2gnt.

BreezioFeb-22-02 05:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#653, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 2

this link i'm about to post.. has been posted before.. but use this for a reference

http://www.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

it's cars when they are all stock though. and yeah.. non-turbo DSM's are not feared.. atleast I'm not afraid of them.. but they are looked up to for being pretty stylish, and for being able to be MADE to be fast.

ModeratorVX100Feb-22-02 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#654, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 3

One guy in a low 11 second grand national (I wasn't lined up against him) though I was an AWD turbo. If someone isn't familiar with a paticular type of car, it's easy for them to get the models mixed up.

Yea, even some owners of cars that I have beaten were sure I didn't have a chance against them.

I still remember what the SVT contour owner I beat at the drag strip said to me, "You must have some mods done to that thing, because I saw "RS" on the back of your car and was wondering why I couldn't catch you!"

Heheh, up at NED, I may not be breaking the sound barrier but I'm starting to get the reputation of "that guy with the 15 sec non turbo eclipse."

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Eclipse148celFeb-22-02 04:33 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2002
143 posts,
#655, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 3

i'm sorry, but breezio, if you got soley by that chart....

you are doomed. haha

buy an eclipse, you'll change your mind!

I wish we could race sometime!!

hopefully someday...
Later,
K

DSBLK93GTFeb-25-02 03:20 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#656, "RE: How do our cars stack up on the road?"
In response to Reply # 5

On the street, I would be more afraid of an AWD DSM from a stop than most any other car. I usually can make up for what my car lacks in power against a Camaro or other stang with my better driving. But any idiot in an AWD should be able to whoop ass on the street from stop!I would not fear a non-turbo though, and probably wouldn't bother trying too hard.

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #650 Previous topic | Next topic