Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6102
View in linear mode

Subject: "DSM-ZERO goes to the track" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM-ZEROSep-13-09 02:13 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6102, "DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
Sep-13-09 04:00 PM by DSM-ZERO

OK everyone let me start off by saying i have a new found respect for people that can go low 10's and 9's even 8's FWD with a 5 speed

Ok the being said I went 12.844 @ 120mph MISSING 3rd gear....
1.7 60 foot
5.1 330 foot
8.0 1/8 mile

I did not get that many passes cause it started raining and the one time i did go for it i miss 3rd gear so the car fell outta boost, I put it back into 3rd and still run a 12.84.

This was a huge learning experience for me. I wa staking in everything the shop was telling me and just trying to do my best.

The other Passes i did were to just see if the car was driving straight and then learning how to launch it....ALSO MY 2step WAS not working.....I was just launching the car off of my e-brake.

I love this car and i know next sunday im just gonna go faster all in all im very pleased with how good i did for it being my first time out .... I just need more seat time thats all

THANKS to PFI Brent, B, Cotter Pin, and Alicia For all your help, info and support

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, freelancefool, Sep-13-09 02:39 PM, #1
RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Sep-13-09 02:46 PM, #2
      RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, dalesmitsu, Sep-13-09 04:53 PM, #3
           RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-13-09 05:26 PM, #4
                RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-13-09 05:51 PM, #5
                     RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Sep-13-09 08:14 PM, #6
                          RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Cyexmaster, Sep-13-09 09:14 PM, #7
                               RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Sep-13-09 09:22 PM, #8
                                    RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Sep-27-09 11:51 AM, #9
                                         RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-27-09 05:20 PM, #10
                                              RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-21-09 08:44 PM, #11
                                                   RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-22-09 04:05 AM, #12
                                                        RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Cyexmaster, Oct-23-09 09:22 AM, #13
                                                             RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-23-09 06:16 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Cyexmaster, Oct-24-09 03:09 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Nov-18-09 11:29 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, halfasss101, Dec-02-09 09:45 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, DSM-ZERO, Dec-06-09 04:26 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, halfasss101, Dec-08-09 01:24 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-22-10 07:05 PM, #20
                                                                                                RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, 740 turbo brick, Aug-23-10 10:30 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-23-10 01:38 PM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track, customrsturbo, Aug-25-10 03:45 PM, #23

freelancefoolSep-13-09 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6103, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 0

Seat time will help a lot. I'm sure there are people out there who can help you with your techniques and offer pointers, but seat time will net you the best results.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSM-ZEROSep-13-09 02:46 PM
62 posts,
#6104, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 1

yup thats all i need is seat time

Plus the track was really crappy due to the weather and then it started to rain so i only got to do a few runs

dalesmitsuSep-13-09 04:53 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#6106, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 2

Thats great ets hows your e-brake did you burn it up.

Have you tried rising the rpm to 3000-3500 launch from this.

New to the term 2 step you mean the rev.limiter box wasnt working.

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-13-09 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6107, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Have you tried rising the rpm to 3000-3500 launch from this.

I don't think he can go any higher than his current launch, lol.

Excellent, man. Looking great. You needed to blow off a couple of runs just to get an idea of where all the parts and pieces were gonna land. Need input on shift points, launch points, tracking of the car, boost levels etc.....All those brand new, one off, pieces just generate more to decipher at first.

You're doing consistant 1.7's right off the bat (boosting off the e-brake on top of that). That's a huge step in itself. Like you said, all you're looking at now is seat time and shift points. Fuckin' A excellent

Great first time out, congrats,

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

eclipse982nrRSTSep-13-09 05:51 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#6108, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 4

Not too shabby man.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

DSM-ZEROSep-13-09 08:14 PM
62 posts,
#6109, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 5

I was launching at 8000 rpm bouncing off the rev limiter preloading the car and holding my ebrake lol

Everything worked fine e brake is great brakes are a little stiff.
My seat deff needs to be moved up like 2 inches part of the problem to me missing 3rd

CyexmasterSep-13-09 09:14 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#6110, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 6

So I guess that your having good traction if your doing 1.7s on the 60ft...

Nice #'s more seat time till you get the hang of it...

I know I got better results with a couple of visits to the track. I improved my time by almost 2's ...

The launch was where I needed more practice, so I went to an 1/8 mile track. But seems your already doing good at the line, so keep up the practice!

Hoping to see 10's from you before the year ends! And you too Bullet!

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

DSM-ZEROSep-13-09 09:22 PM
62 posts,
#6111, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 7

DSM-ZEROSep-27-09 11:51 AM
62 posts,
#6113, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 8

new time 11.5 @ 115 i know the trap is low ill post more about it later

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-27-09 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6114, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 9

Ah, crap, I thought you went today.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

420agreenvilleSCOct-21-09 08:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#6116, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 10

anyone know any updates? didnt he go yesterday?

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-22-09 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6117, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
anyone know any updates? didnt he go yesterday?

Unless something strange happens, he's out for awhile. Season's over for the track he goes to.

Captain Caveman

CyexmasterOct-23-09 09:22 AM
324 posts,
#6118, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 12

Every time I see this stuff about track season and what not I realize how lucky I am...
Here in Puerto Rico the season is all year long lol... But my car is out of service still so no track for me yet.....

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-23-09 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6119, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by Cyexmaster
Every time I see this stuff about track season and what not I realize how lucky I am... Here in Puerto Rico the season is all year long lol........

Thanks for rubbing it in. I will have to kill you now

Captain Caveman

CyexmasterOct-24-09 03:09 AM
324 posts,
#6124, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by Cyexmaster Every time I see this stuff about track season and what not I realize how lucky I am... Here in Puerto Rico the season is all year long lol........
Thanks for rubbing it in. I will have to kill you now

Well we do have some bad stuff too, I mean during the day the temps arent all that good. Since PR is an island we get lots of rain from august till november. Last 3 weeks the track day from the page I mod at were canceled by rain so. Not all is good....lol

But that's the only thing that ever shuts down a track around here the rain... But if it where the track I have closest to where I go to college the have a mud drag track that's way fun to see all the crazy cars drag race in the mud...lol

thats where you get to see stuff like this....:/

DSM-ZERONov-18-09 11:29 PM
62 posts,
#6130, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 15

yea my bandimere track is closed for the winter up here...it sucks.
I have video of my run but i can not find my cable to upload it.

I also burned up my clutch on my next run....sooo time for some new clutch disc too...

I might go A/W next season for my intercooler and i might go bigger turbo also...but will see

halfasss101Dec-02-09 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#6131, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 16

Sounds like you're getting better. I've been waiting to hear your results for awhile now. Shit myself when i saw 661hp. Alot of seat time still needed. You should have no problem breaking Hahn's record after alot of practice and learning how the car runs. 150hp over hahn, you should be low 10's if not 9's on a good run. Just have to learn how to drive it. Also surprised clutch or tranny wasn't sitting in passenger seat when you launched at 8k. Keep doing that and you will go with clutches (as you just mentioned) and trannies. what kind of clutch are you running. just curious?

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

DSM-ZERODec-06-09 04:26 AM
62 posts,
#6133, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 17

i was running a clutch master twin disc Kevlar/Kevlar....this time around im gonna run something a Lil nastier

halfasss101Dec-08-09 01:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#6134, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 18

damn. wish i could afford to dump 1000 bucks on a clutch then get a new one lol. I've been waiting to turbo my shit for 3 years and still stuck in the same spot for the last year. Money just seems to disappear.
Good luck though
Keep us posted.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-22-10 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6230, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 19

Zero is having trouble getting onto the internet, so I thought I would pass a little info along;

Current power level (with new turbo); 737whp

Current 1/4 time 11.1@145

Uh huh, no typo on the trap. so with that trap, all he needs is a little more seat time and he should be below the 10.87.

Next event is 2 weeks into september.

Captain Caveman

740 turbo brickAug-23-10 10:30 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#6231, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 20

Wow. Thats the new record correct? And that mph is rediculous. Comparing your trap to his he could pull off a 10 second run with some fancy drivin'.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-23-10 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6232, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Wow. Thats the new record correct? And that mph is rediculous. Comparing your trap to his he could pull off a 10 second run with some fancy drivin'.

Dyno whp is the current record.

His trap should be good for low to mid tens. So as soon as he see's some seat time, he'll own the record.

As for my trap speed, its kinda queered because we don't know where I started losing power to heat sinking (due to intercooler not being on).

Captain Caveman

customrsturboAug-25-10 03:45 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
249 posts,
#6233, "RE: DSM-ZERO goes to the track"
In response to Reply # 22

WOW! That is great! Keep up the good work!
A little more seat time and you will be in the mid to low 10's.

1995 Eclipse RS-T
GT35R, SPEC Stage 5 clutch
E85 Fuel(Helping the Ecosystem)
MS, v3.0, 029t
10.87 @ 135

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6102 Previous topic | Next topic