Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6001
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do i stack up?" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Jan-18-09 08:33 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6001, "How do i stack up?"
Jan-18-09 08:34 PM by Warmage12

I've been to the track a couple times, one trip was nice, the other ended in my last engine rebuild. SO i figured i'd throw my time out and see how i did.

I have a short ram, headers, cat delete, engine mounts and HAD a 50 mm TB. I have a 95 RS the motor HAD 100,000+ miles on it but in good condition. Full interior car. I weigh 140 lbs. I ran a 10.4 best on a 1/8 mile. Then she broke. I don't look for a long thread. Just some general ideas. engine made 117 HP 115TQ

A stokish subaru impreza 2.5L (nonboosted type) ran a 10.1 same track. (Manual) That just for a lil comparison of the track.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How do i stack up?, ModeratorVX100, Jan-20-09 10:18 PM, #1
RE: How do i stack up?, Warmage12, Jan-25-09 09:33 PM, #2
RE: How do i stack up?, Purpose, Aug-01-09 09:02 AM, #3
RE: How do i stack up?, nicho919, Aug-03-09 10:13 PM, #4
      RE: How do i stack up?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-04-09 03:12 AM, #5
           RE: How do i stack up?, Moderatorteklein, Aug-04-09 06:52 AM, #6
                RE: How do i stack up?, nicho919, Aug-04-09 08:29 PM, #7

ModeratorVX100Jan-20-09 10:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6004, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Warmage12
I've been to the track a couple times, one trip was nice, the other ended in my last engine rebuild. SO i figured i'd throw my time out and see how i did. I have a short ram, headers, cat delete, engine mounts and HAD a 50 mm TB. I have a 95 RS the motor HAD 100,000+ miles on it but in good condition. Full interior car. I weigh 140 lbs. I ran a 10.4 best on a 1/8 mile. Then she broke. I don't look for a long thread. Just some general ideas. engine made 117 HP 115TQ A stokish subaru impreza 2.5L (nonboosted type) ran a 10.1 same track. (Manual) That just for a lil comparison of the track. I love my car... I love Horsepower... I love reliability... So why do i own a DSM again?

My best 1/8th mile is a 9.68 (that is for my 15.1 sec run). I can usually nudge into 9.9s on a 15.5 sec 1/4 mile run.

A 10.4 sec 1/8th mile is about a low 16 1/4 mile run. The 10.1s usually are for a 15.6 or 15.7 sec for me. The subaru, being AWD, probably would have had a little slower 1/4 mile for the same 1/8th mile.

Overall, pretty good, considering the the short ram helps some (but sucks in hot air vs. a cold air intake, which I think on the right day does help), as does having no cathelp a little, but the headers probably didn't do much and nothing else probably did much (did you mean 60mm TB, and not 50mm? as the stock TB is 54mm). So it is a little better than stock and you ran a little better than the typical stock 1/4 mile time, so I'd guess you're about there, with more practice I think you could nudge it down another 0.1 or 0.15 in the 1/8th.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Warmage12Jan-25-09 09:33 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#6005, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 1

HEY, thanks for the respond. LOL. after the first couple days i didn;t think i was gona get any. I was really hoping for some sort of comparison.

I thought, and was told by reliable individuals, the stock TB was a 50mm at max but in stock form tappers down to mid to high 40mm's, like say 48mm, at the opening. I sanded mine out to 50mm, but it broke my engine with one of its lil bolts. I'm gona do the jeep mod this time. I don't wanna ruin my last good stock TB.

I just gasket matched a little. The intake mani was way worse than the exhaust ports.

So do you think i'll be stuck in low tens? No chance of high 9.9? or even 10 flat in the 1/8. Supposedly the track i run at is a "slower" track, being the times are slower/higher compared to other tracks.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

PurposeAug-01-09 09:02 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2009
42 posts,
#6074, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 0

That is a question you have to answer yourself really. If you want a 2nd opinion, the same reason most buy 5,10,15+ neons, civics, mustans, etc. Perhaps your are comfortable with this car. You may have achievements that have yet to be realized. Perhaps you have a vendetta against impreza's. Consider adding an udp and solid engine mounts to the next platform.

nicho919Aug-03-09 10:13 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2009
93 posts,
#6076, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 3

Times have SO much to do with the driver. It's the difference between 15 seconds and 17. Get a car you can launch. It's a hard equilibrium to find. Eclipses will never be as good as an F-body down the track. If you try to say that a clipped eclipse is.... it's not an eclipse anymore. If you want to drag race, consider the fact that a front wheel drive has the disadvantage automatically due to physics. Don't let this stop you, though. I've seen a few fwd cars running 10s. I like my car because it will actually go around a corner.

Put the same money into a 2gnt and a 4th gen F-body, and you'll be almost 6 seconds faster in the F-body.

It's down to what you like and how much fun you have.

Your time slip means NOTHING to the guy next to you. It means everything to you. Of course, people on here or in similar circles will do some back patting, but it's still not about them. Don't race for someone else. Race for yourself. Take pride in shaving .2 off of your 60 foot time. It's much better than saying "Hey, I got my ass kicked by that guy."

I'm broke, it's broken. I'm broke because it's broken. It's broken because I'm broke.

Simplicity Car Club - Founding Member

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-04-09 03:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6077, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by nicho919
blah blah blah blah blah

You're full of shit.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ModeratortekleinAug-04-09 06:52 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6078, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by nicho919 blah blah blah blah blah
You're full of shit.

LOL.

That was my morning funny.

Oh btw, this is Nacho:

"Mang, all i want is dis dur Kamero mang. Turning 8's n all dat. Dam Japs and thur FWD carrs."

nicho919Aug-04-09 08:29 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2009
93 posts,
#6079, "RE: How do i stack up?"
In response to Reply # 6

You'll notice I'm in a "jap" car. I mean, the car never touched Japanese soil, but I guess it's a jap car. If I wanted a camaro, I'd be driving a camaro.

I'm broke, it's broken. I'm broke because it's broken. It's broken because I'm broke.

Simplicity Car Club - Founding Member

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6001 Previous topic | Next topic