Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5899
View in linear mode

Subject: "Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSFeb-13-02 11:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5899, "Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"

First of all, I dont know if this is the right forum to post this in, if not, my bad. Well Im going to the track this sunday with my car club and wanted to know how I should prepare for my run. I know i wont get numbers like Todd and Jake, but I would like to atleast get low 16's or high 15's (dont know if thats possible with my mods). I plan on installing my rear motor mount and putting my 14's on the front before I go, should I do anything else?? Also what is the best way to launch my MT 2gnt?? TIA

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, silverbullet, Feb-13-02 12:20 PM, #1
RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, 1TuffRS, Feb-13-02 12:27 PM, #2
      RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, Dave_FL, Feb-13-02 01:44 PM, #3
RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-13-02 01:48 PM, #4
RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, 9D9 MITSU RS, Feb-13-02 01:55 PM, #5
      RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, 1TuffRS, Feb-13-02 02:00 PM, #6
      RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-13-02 03:52 PM, #7
           RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, dsmark, Feb-14-02 03:32 AM, #8
                RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, ModeratorVX100, Feb-14-02 03:40 AM, #9
                     RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, thedawg, Feb-14-02 06:38 AM, #10
                          RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s, Breezio, Feb-14-02 06:46 AM, #11

silverbulletFeb-13-02 12:20 PM
Member since Feb 06th 2002
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5900, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 0

remove as much weight as possible take your passenger seat out as well as your back seat take your spare tire out and the jack heck you might even want to get another belt and bypass your a/c

traded in my 99 2g RS for a Titanium Pearl 03 3g GT
mods:AEM CAI[]energy suspension shifter bushing[]Short shifter[] MOMO f16 evo carbon/titanium shift knob[] DM Motor Mounts

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSFeb-13-02 12:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#5901, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 1

well, ill take out the back seat, spare tire, jack and stuff, but I think taking out the passenger seat and the a/c belt is a bit much

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Dave_FLFeb-13-02 01:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#5902, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 2

The back seat weighs only a couple pounds. Just take out the spare tire,jack,and speaker box if you have one.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-13-02 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#5903, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a read through the racing section. There are some tips and other info in there.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

9D9 MITSU RSFeb-13-02 01:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#5904, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm not running, so I'll help u out with any "weight reductions." I say it's a waste of time to try and run my car. I have seen a lot of NT's get a great launch when they rev up and launch in 2nd. Dunno, but the guy I know a stock gs spyder took a spyder gs with intake and exhaust. He launched in 2nd, and the modded one launched in 1st.

1TuffRSFeb-13-02 02:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#5905, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks guys, Mike ill do that. Hey Steve you are going on Sun right?? I know some are going on friday as well. I would but I got an interview

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-13-02 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#5906, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 5

Why in the world would you launch in second? Getting a good slip of the clutch in 1st will be far better than trying to keep a high enough rpom in second worst for time and trans wear in my opinion.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

dsmarkFeb-14-02 03:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
142 posts,
#5907, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah well running like 18-22lbs in your tires will help too, gets me better traction i think. do a few practice launches to figure out what works best for you...hold it at 3000 and pop...let it out and hang o might wanna slip a little at the track, its sticky.

stage 2 turbo and all that crap

ModeratorVX100Feb-14-02 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#5908, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 8

Put the 14s on the back as well.

Don't run those heavy aftermarket rims and tires back there.

Try getting there with as little gas as possible (it's at least 5.5 lbs a gallon). Take out the spare, jack, ect but make sure no riceboy comes along and steals it while you're doing your run.

When you launch, don't dump the clutch. Try to keep wheelspin down and you'll be fine.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

thedawgFeb-14-02 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#5909, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 9

Yah, how do you keep your tools n stuff from being stolen? I don't really wanna buy a big lock box to leave in the pits... I know I can just put a bike chain around my rims, but what about the cat/exhaust, headlight, etc?

Also, is it just my creative imagination or do our cars run faster when they're waxed instead of grungy?

Dan

BreezioFeb-14-02 06:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#5910, "RE: Im going to the track and got a couple ?'s"
In response to Reply # 10

hehe. Whenever I wash my car and then drive it right afterwards it "feels" faster.. it's odd.. I know it's not faster, maybe it's just the excitment of your ride being all clean and just wanting to drive the heck out of it

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5899 Previous topic | Next topic