Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5692
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's" Previous topic | Next topic
Crab1092Nov-06-07 02:22 PM
Member since Sep 19th 2005
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5692, "Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"

Well after a year of going mid 13's at 110 or so on street tires i was lucky enough to buy the wheels off of Hahn's RS. I finally made it to the track this pass weekend and i must say, SLICKS ARE THE SHIT. This was at 18lbs of boost creeping to around 20 at the redline. Its about three or four lbs less boost than when i dynoed at 369 whp because i had never ran on slicks before and wanted to get used of it a little. I ran a 12.2 at 114 with a 1.8 60'. Not to bad since i could not do a damn burnout to save my life. But anyways i was extremely pleased. Check out the video and timeslip!

Time slip

Video

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
soulcontrollerNov-06-07 02:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5693, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 0

wow man awesome job.

impressive.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Nov-06-07 02:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#5694, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 1

very nice, congrats

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

WickedESiNov-06-07 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#5695, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 2

F'king awesome launch man! Do you have a LSD?

Congrats!

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Crab1092Nov-06-07 06:35 PM
Member since Sep 19th 2005
43 posts,
#5696, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah i a have a quaife lsd. I am suprised at the launch myself because i dont have any fancy suspension at all. Its tokico blues with stock springs all the way around. I have avenger rear springs that i havent intsalled yet. I have prothane motor mounts and i put a 1/2 inch bolt in the front motor mount. I didnt feel any wheel hop but i may have not noticed it. The slicks are huge that hahns sent me. They are Mickey Thompson 26 x 10. I had 9.5 psi in them during that run which seemed to work the best. i had my 2step set at 5000rpm and i was straight dumping the clutch and flooring it. The most amazing part to me is, you ready for this, STOCK DRIVESHAFTS.

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-07-07 12:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5697, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Crab1092
STOCK DRIVESHAFTS.

Absolutely believe it. As long as they are OEM.

I caught your numbers over on tu....er, another site, looking good. Nice stickies. Getting close to the 11 second mark. At a 12.2, the proper suspension mods alone (with seat time) could net you 11's!

Nice numbers, congrats.

Oh yeah, if you get sick of the Quaife, let me know, I'll come take it off your hands

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

yzriderApr-10-08 06:52 AM
Member since Apr 09th 2008
19 posts,
#5803, "RE: Finally gettingt a little traction= low 12's"
In response to Reply # 0

Your flying dude. Thats awesome congrats.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5692 Previous topic | Next topic