Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5603
View in linear mode

Subject: "wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
barza21May-30-07 04:29 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5603, "wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"

hey, it was awesom, well here it goes:

as u guys know my engine has bad comp through the 4 cyl. but im gonna rebuild it anyways, well i went to the track and last year i did 18.186's and i was really nervous because i didnt know if i was make it into the 17's this year (last year i only had 1 month with my car), so i went to the track and with a all engine car my fastest time with 91 octane was 17.7something, i can get the numbers, but i think these were really good times considering my car and its comp.

i started out the night with high 17's and ended in the 17.7, i think that is pretty good, i cut down 4 sec because im a better driver now!!

yeahh!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, cc8balla, May-31-07 05:29 AM, #1
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-31-07 07:55 AM, #2
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, barza21, May-31-07 09:31 AM, #3
      RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, 99blackclipse, May-31-07 12:24 PM, #4
           RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, barza21, May-31-07 01:08 PM, #5
                RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, jack_of_trades, Jun-04-07 05:38 PM, #6
                     RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, JayWeezie88, Jun-05-07 03:52 AM, #7
                          RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, ModeratorVX100, Jun-07-07 08:58 AM, #8
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, yzrider, Apr-10-08 07:14 AM, #10
      RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, Fallen4ng31, Apr-10-08 07:24 AM, #11
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, 2gtalon420a, Jun-13-07 09:36 AM, #9
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, dceclipsers, Jan-04-09 10:20 PM, #12
RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!, Malenko, Jan-11-09 07:21 PM, #13

cc8ballaMay-31-07 05:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5604, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by barza21
hey, it was awesom, well here it goes: as u guys know my engine has bad comp through the 4 cyl. but im gonna rebuild it anyways, well i went to the track and last year i did 18.186's and i was really nervous because i didnt know if i was make it into the 17's this year (last year i only had 1 month with my car), so i went to the track and with a all engine car my fastest time with 91 octane was 17.7something, i can get the numbers, but i think these were really good times considering my car and its comp. i started out the night with high 17's and ended in the 17.7, i think that is pretty good, i cut down 4 sec because im a better driver now!! yeahh!!!

You are wasting gas by going to the track. And you mean you cut down .4s right? Sorry, I had a bit of trouble understanding that fucking mess of a post. Congratulations, I guess. Woohoo! High 17s. Man...

Oh and by the way, higher octane gas don't do shit. It dosent make your car run better, it don't make it faster. Again, you are wasting money.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-31-07 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5605, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 1
May-31-07 08:00 AM by bullettdsm

You're right! Wrong place. Now correct.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

barza21May-31-07 09:31 AM
313 posts,
#5606, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 2

i just thought it would be a good idea to let somebody know, i went to the track because im gonna start working on my engine before i run it again and i wanted to know if i could squeeze some more out of it, and the track it is not a waste of money, it is a safe way of racing and u dont have to look out for cops,i like the track and it is a good way other than the dyno, to know where ur car stands at. i only go to the track 3 times per summer, so chill out people!

99blackclipseMay-31-07 12:24 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2006
128 posts,
#5607, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by barza21
i just thought it would be a good idea to let somebody know, i went to the track because im gonna start working on my engine before i run it again and i wanted to know if i could squeeze some more out of it, and the track it is not a waste of money, it is a safe way of racing and u dont have to look out for cops,i like the track and it is a good way other than the dyno, to know where ur car stands at. i only go to the track 3 times per summer, so chill out people!

Yea forget that asshole. I actually went to the track monday and ran 18's my best was 18.3 and i only have an intake and also my car is auto. I have some stuff waiting to be installed and thats why i went to the track to see what times i could get now and see the difference between now and later. Its not a waste of money if you want to do it. Good luck on the rebuild!

eX-Drivers

"Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhuast gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, Eclipse tuners write checks their cars can cash. Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull" -SuperStreet

My Wiki page- http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=99Blackclipse

barza21May-31-07 01:08 PM
313 posts,
#5608, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks man, atleast i know i have somebody on my side, i dont know why people are like that, im not a big fan of drifting or moding ur car looks wise, but i dont go around saying that those things are a waste of money and time!

jack_of_tradesJun-04-07 05:38 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#5609, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-04-07 05:38 PM by jack_of_trades

You guys do know that a bone stock ATX runs a 17.2 and the MTX runs a 16.6 right? Keep practicing at the track and good luck with your rebuild

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

JayWeezie88Jun-05-07 03:52 AM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#5611, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-05-07 03:52 AM by JayWeezie88

I remember my ATX GS

Great learning experience and a fun time.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

ModeratorVX100Jun-07-07 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#5613, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Hey, as I've been drivng and racing my slow car for, what, 7 years now.

So, I can say it may be a bit painful driving that slow car, but it is still fun, it does help you learn to modify and race a car.

It also helps keep you safe and humble too because if you start off with a 300+hp car you will drive it stupid and wreck it or get tickets and/or a suspended license. If you start with a slower car when you get that fast car you'll treat it with respect.

It also makes you a better driver because you have to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of your slow car that you can. You can't make up for bad launches, bad shifting, and bad driving with more horse power.

When you get that faster car, or make yours faster, you'll then have solid experience behind it.

In my opinon, there is nothing wrong with starting slow and then moving up to the faster car later.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

yzriderApr-10-08 07:14 AM
Member since Apr 09th 2008
19 posts,
#5816, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Dont bash on him too much take it easy he's obviously just starting out. Gotta start somewhere he'll learn.

Fallen4ng31Apr-10-08 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#5817, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-10-08 07:25 AM by Fallen4ng31

Originally posted by yzrider
Dont bash on him too much take it easy he's obviously just starting out. Gotta start somewhere he'll learn.

Read the date on the thread before you post.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

2gtalon420aJun-13-07 09:36 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2007
30 posts,
#5619, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 0

good deal

dceclipsersJan-04-09 10:20 PM
Member since Nov 12th 2008
18 posts,
#5995, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I would recommend installing a underdrive pully. They don't give you more horsepower, but they will put some more power to the wheels. It will make you car faster and you can find these cheap on ebay.

MalenkoJan-11-09 07:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#6000, "RE: wrong place, but i'll give it a try!!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by dceclipsers
I would recommend installing a underdrive pully. They don't give you more horsepower, but they will put some more power to the wheels. It will make you car faster and you can find these cheap on ebay.

please check the last reply date , this thread has been resurrected twice, now it dies for good.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5603 Previous topic | Next topic