Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5385
View in linear mode

Subject: "First time at the strip" Previous topic | Next topic
JayWeezie88Oct-06-06 06:30 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5385, "First time at the strip"

Well tonight me and my friend went to Island Dragway in NJ and got some runs in. I ran 6 times.

Here are the best of my runs:

R/T - .165
60' - 2.578
1/8 - 11.374
1/8 MPH - 63.27
1/4 - 17.549
1/4 MPH - 79.15

Pretty sad, but it was one of the best times I've had with my car so far. Probably going back next week. My mods are CAI, Header, and 2 1/4 cat back exhaust. Oh yeah I'm auto too

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: First time at the strip, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-06-06 07:58 PM, #1
RE: First time at the strip, BlackMagic, Oct-07-06 04:28 AM, #2
      RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-07-06 01:07 PM, #3
           RE: First time at the strip, 96rs-t, Oct-07-06 11:23 PM, #4
                RE: First time at the strip, Eric, Oct-08-06 06:04 PM, #5
                     RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-08-06 09:38 PM, #6
                          RE: First time at the strip, jack_of_trades, Oct-13-06 01:05 AM, #7
                               RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-16-06 07:05 PM, #8
                                    RE: First time at the strip, cc8balla, Oct-16-06 07:33 PM, #9
                                    RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-17-06 08:51 AM, #10
                                         RE: First time at the strip, cc8balla, Oct-17-06 06:21 PM, #12
                                              RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-17-06 06:51 PM, #13
                                                   RE: First time at the strip, cc8balla, Oct-18-06 04:53 AM, #15
                                                        RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-18-06 11:18 AM, #16
                                    RE: First time at the strip, jack_of_trades, Oct-17-06 12:06 PM, #11
                                         RE: First time at the strip, JayWeezie88, Oct-17-06 06:55 PM, #14

Moderatorcs82685Oct-06-06 07:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5386, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-06-06 07:59 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by JayWeezie88
Well tonight me and my friend went to Island Dragway in NJ and got some runs in. I ran 6 times. Here are the best of my runs: R/T - .165 60' - 2.578 1/8 - 11.374 1/8 MPH - 63.27 1/4 - 17.549 1/4 MPH - 79.15 Pretty sad, but it was one of the best times I've had with my car so far. Probably going back next week. My mods are CAI, Header, and 2 1/4 cat back exhaust. Oh yeah I'm auto too

come out to mitsu day at etown next saturday, it'll be good to see some others rockin the 420a

edit: there's a post about it in the announcements section

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackMagicOct-07-06 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#5387, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 1

Haha don't worry it can only get better with practice.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

JayWeezie88Oct-07-06 01:07 PM
130 posts,
#5391, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 2

lol I'm not a fan of practicing going slow.

96rs-tOct-07-06 11:23 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#5392, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 3

wow, that is a horrible time..lol, but not as horrible as my first run at the track; I ran a 16.5 WITH A TURBO, on my very first run at the track a long time ago. It was truly a sad and pathetic day for me.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

EricOct-08-06 06:04 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#5396, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 4

First runs at the track are the ugliest. The good thing is you can only get better. 60' time looks to be what is killing you. Get those down and you may be in the 16's. Did you remove the spare/jack and lower the front tires psi? Don't worry about the r/t since it doesn't effect your ET. Good luck on future runs.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

JayWeezie88Oct-08-06 09:38 PM
130 posts,
#5397, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah I'm pretty sure my spare tire is gone and I took out my subs too since they weigh atleast 60lbs. I was thinking about my tire pressure but had no clue what to lower it to. Looks like I have a topic to search on lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

jack_of_tradesOct-13-06 01:05 AM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#5416, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 6

Lol, I got lucky. My first time at the track was my best run so far. Woulda been better too if my ATX's TCU isn't FREAKING out on me! Granted I have been around the track a long time prior to running my own car though. You'll find little tips here and there from people and your personal experiences that'll make that time start trickling down.

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

JayWeezie88Oct-16-06 07:05 PM
130 posts,
#5458, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 7

Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.

I went again last friday (10/13) and it was packed so I decided just to spectate. Haha some civic hatch had to be towed. Idk what happened but when the light turned green his car went boom and there was fluid everywhere. I should be going back again this friday (10/20) and hopefully there will be less cars, and a better ET for me

cc8ballaOct-16-06 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#5459, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 8

Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo. I went again last friday (10/13) and it was packed so I decided just to spectate. Haha some civic hatch had to be towed. Idk what happened but when the light turned green his car went boom and there was fluid everywhere. I should be going back again this friday (10/20) and hopefully there will be less cars, and a better ET for me

Good to see you around homie. Check out some of BulletDSM's threads. I think Mark has some tips in there about launching, tire pressure, etc.

Unless he posts in this thread of course. Keep practicing, it'll get better.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

JayWeezie88Oct-17-06 08:51 AM
130 posts,
#5461, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey bro, how's the head rebuild coming along?

cc8ballaOct-17-06 06:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#5463, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 10
Oct-17-06 06:29 PM by cc8balla

Hey bro, how's the head rebuild coming along?

It went good, as well as rebuilding the bottom end. Just need to save up for the turbo. She's slow as shit now with 8:8 compression.

EDIT: Can't spell for shit.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

happy p'ple

JayWeezie88Oct-17-06 06:51 PM
130 posts,
#5464, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 12

Didn't you or weren't you planning on some SRT parts? Im trying to remember way back when the thing they called a forum was still up. (importpost)

cc8ballaOct-18-06 04:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#5467, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 13
Oct-18-06 04:54 AM by cc8balla

Didn't you or weren't you planning on some SRT parts? Im trying to remember way back when the thing they called a forum was still up. (importpost)

If I was going to go the 2.4 route, I was planning on SRT internals. I just have je 8:8's now and eagle h beams.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

happy p'ple

JayWeezie88Oct-18-06 11:18 AM
130 posts,
#5469, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 15

Nice keep me up on the progress.

jack_of_tradesOct-17-06 12:06 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#5462, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 8

Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.

Yeah, that sure makes your #s go down but learning how to launch and stuff is relevant to any driver, any car. It takes track time and knowledge. Soak it up from these guys on here and you'll see it pay off next time you hit up the track

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

JayWeezie88Oct-17-06 06:55 PM
130 posts,
#5465, "RE: First time at the strip"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by jack_of_trades
Originally posted by JayWeezie88 Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.
Yeah, that sure makes your #s go down but learning how to launch and stuff is relevant to any driver, any car. It takes track time and knowledge. Soak it up from these guys on here and you'll see it pay off next time you hit up the track

I was planning on messing around with tire pressure and I was putting in the lowest amounts of gas possible to keep my weight down, yet make it to the track do runs and get home.

Well hopefully all goes well with this Friday.

And oh I've been searching the hell out of launching and tips and what not. Basically when im not doing homework in the computer lab it's mostly spent researching.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5385 Previous topic | Next topic