Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5152
View in linear mode

Subject: "I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100May-22-06 03:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5152, "I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!"

This past Saturday there was an import event at New England Dragway. I entered into the Slick class, basically bracket racing with drag slicks (I had drag radials, but you can enter with any tire in that class as they consider running something other than a drag slick handicapping yourself).

I've been entering that class since last year because even though the people who enter the class are typically much better racers than the street tire bracket class, less people enter that class. If I'm off for the day I'll lose anyway, but if I'm on I'll have less rounds of competition and witht he numbere of races you need to win to get to the finals of the street tire class usually the law of averages catches up with you and you screw up somewhere.

There were only a few rounds total I had to race in, including the last round being the finals, and I certainly wasn't running well at all but fortunately the competition was running worse! I was usually about 2/10th off the dial in time, and I running high 0.500s for reaction time. One run I was a decent amount ahead at the line so I slowed down on the top end to make sure I did not break out and lose that run.

In the finals I lined up against a pretty quick Integra. Unfortunalely I red lighted (IN THE FINALS! ) but I would have needed a very good R/T anyway bcause while he was a little off his R/T, he was very close to his dial in time.

But, I brought home a 2nd place trophy which is a good accomplishment, especially since I've had a number of top 8 or semifinal finishes last year.

I wasn't close to a best new 1/4 mile time, but I can work on that next time

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WIDECLIPSEMay-22-06 04:10 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5153, "RE: I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice. What was your red light time, close or way off? It'd be nice to have some competition around here, but there aren't any good tracks close by.

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderator992gntMay-22-06 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#5154, "RE: I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice job Todd. Brian is going to have his hands full in August...

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-22-06 12:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5155, "RE: I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!"
In response to Reply # 2

Congratulations Todd! NICE job!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorVX100May-23-06 04:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#5156, "RE: I won 2nd place at New england Dragway on Saturday's Import event!"
In response to Reply # 3

I was WAY off on R/T; something like a 0.420

...but hey I'm happy I brought home a trophy after a long while and after a couple of events last year where I was one round away from a trophy.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5152 Previous topic | Next topic