Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5140
View in linear mode

Subject: "first 1/4 run" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmMay-13-06 12:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5140, "first 1/4 run"

Just thought I would post this so I don't come out in the 14's. Ran out to track Wed. car wasn't ready but I needed to get an idea of where I stood with the 97 RS N/A. No too bad and should break into the 14's next time out. Got plenty to work with and I was launching on 30 psi with 16 x7.5's.

15.317@93.37 with a 2.467 launch.

As I said, the launch sucked due to the tires and I didn't even do my weight reduction. (Hell, in my hurry, I even grabbed 2 direction tires that were for the same SIDE! I found that out when I hit the breaks at the end of the run. Big dive to the side, LOL). Car still not tuned.

Not bad for a guy who does not know his car.

MB

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: first 1/4 run, Moderatorcs82685, May-13-06 09:02 AM, #1
RE: first 1/4 run, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-14-06 01:21 PM, #2
      RE: first 1/4 run, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-14-06 03:54 PM, #3
           RE: first 1/4 run, GSGoinFast, May-16-06 07:03 AM, #4
                RE: first 1/4 run, cougar694u, May-16-06 09:48 AM, #5
                     RE: first 1/4 run, Aggression, May-16-06 03:26 PM, #6
                          RE: first 1/4 run, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-19-06 07:35 AM, #7
                               RE: first 1/4 run, ModeratorVX100, May-23-06 04:31 PM, #8
                                    RE: first 1/4 run, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-25-06 12:48 AM, #9

Moderatorcs82685May-13-06 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5141, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 0

nice run, that's pretty damn good for first time out NA

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-14-06 01:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5145, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Corey, you may know the track; Lebanon Valley up in NY? I was beating the stock GS-T's. If you know the track, you will know that she normally runs slow during the week. They really set-up the track for the weekends. That just gives me more reason to believe I'll get the 14's.
MB

420a-TnthewerksMay-14-06 03:54 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#5146, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 2

Wow, looks like Todd has some competition! Good luck with 14's.

GSGoinFastMay-16-06 07:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#5147, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 3

Nice run man!!! Are you going back this weekend?

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

cougar694uMay-16-06 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#5148, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 4

Looks good. Whatcha got done?

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

AggressionMay-16-06 03:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#5150, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 5

Nice run! What were the dimensions of the tires you were running?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-19-06 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5151, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 6
May-20-06 03:14 AM by bullettdsm

Sorry away on business.

Thanks Chris.
Unfortunately, as you probably know, up in the northeast we would have an easier time racing water sleds than cars right now at the track. Gotta dry up so I can get a good run in.

Aggression; yeah, what tires was I running? Ha, ha. I took a pair of street tires out of my tire pile (Ventu's 225/50 16's). They were running more than 30 lbs in them. I tried to take some air out at the track but when I went to take the air out, one of the needles got stuck so I got it "unstuck" quickly and left them alone. I did try the street 14's with real low pressure (I thought I would need these for the low gearing. Not necessary), all I got was spin, spin, spin. I tried launching in second but could only stall or spin. Well, I tried it. In addition, the Ventu's I grabbed were directional but off the same side of the car ( I was in hurry and didn't plan on going to the track. I was just grabbing "stuff" to get up there in time).

Cougar, as for set-up (pardon me if I forget something, I am doing this off the top of my head);

Inside:
JE 10.5
Crower 2
Stainless valves
.020 off head
5 angle valve job
Personal port and polish (intake and exhaust)
MLS Head gasket
Of course, full rebuild on bearing etc. (stock)
Full float wrist pins

Outside:
AF/X pulley
AF/X ECU
Jeep 60 mm TB
Personal port and polish intake
1 adj. cam gear on intake side
E-bay Ram air intake
Catch can
E-bay 4-1 header (cleaned up with grinder)
"hi-flow cat"
2.5 exhaust
No power steering

Suspension;
tiens and adj KYB's (1.8 drop) in front
stock springs adj KYB in back

There are some things that I may have wanted to do but didn't because I wanted to test out theories.

MB

Oops! I forgot the clutch;
Spec stage 4 modular

edit again: I could probably do this all day but, ngk 6's and msd 8.5 wires

ModeratorVX100May-23-06 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#5157, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 7
May-23-06 04:34 PM by VX100

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Inside: JE 10.5 Crower 2 Stainless valves .020 off head 5 angle valve job Personal port and polish (intake and exhaust) MLS Head gasket Of course, full rebuild on bearing etc. (stock) Full float wrist pins Outside: AF/X pulley AF/X ECU Jeep 60 mm TB Personal port and polish intake 1 adj. cam gear on intake side E-bay Ram air intake Catch can E-bay 4-1 header (cleaned up with grinder) "hi-flow cat" 2.5 exhaust No power steering Suspension; tiens and adj KYB's (1.8 drop) in front stock springs adj KYB in back There are some things that I may have wanted to do but didn't because I wanted to test out theories. MB Oops! I forgot the clutch; Spec stage 4 modular edit again: I could probably do this all day but, ngk 6's and msd 8.5 wires

Good setup, similar to mine but you've got a bunch more stuff done to your car than I do to mine. That explains the 93 mph trap and the 1/4 mile with a 2.4 60' time. With more practice you'll be there! Or at least close!

For reference, on my car: CAI, extrude honed intake manifold, ported and polished head, valve springs 3 angle valve job (that flows about as well as most 5 angle jobs, thanks to Exile Racing for the excellent head and valve work!), crower stage 2 cams, AFX pulley, SAFC, high flow cat, GS-T exhaust, KYB AGX shocks, Nitto drag radials on 14 inch steel wheels can't think if anything else right now, I think that's it for what makes the car faster/helps the launch.

The throttle body is stock, the exhaust manifold is stock, the exhaust is a stock one from a turbo and the bottom end is stock. I have a TB on the way (did you notice anything with the 60mm TB?) and I have a megasquirt waiting to go in, probably next month. The firewall already has a hole in it, so it's just a wiring/soldering job now, when I get the time.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-25-06 12:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5158, "RE: first 1/4 run"
In response to Reply # 8
May-25-06 02:13 AM by bullettdsm

Hey Todd,

I've been following you over at NEDSM but this is the first I've seen of your mods. Nice to see that the East Coast boys can post some numbers . That ET will change quite a bit once you change your throttle body. You've got lots of room to grow. BTW, very cool on the 2nd place. I understand that NEDSM represented pretty well.

Update on my times: Ran LVD last night. Sucked. Only got 2 runs in all night. They had printer problems, track problems, official problems and of course the track was packed. I put on some drag radials to fix my launch. First run I did an easy launch because I knew that I wouldn't get many runs in ended up with a 15.085@86.86 with a 2.4 launch! I'm a little suspicious of the final speed number because they were having problems with the speed gun. They had the jet car run a couple of times (just to slow things down even more) and he ended up shooting a 722mph final time. I really don't think he was THAT fast .

Anyway, I'm thinking cool time, I'll work the launch the next few times. Well come 9:45 I have my 2ND run (ends at 10). It felt pretty good but the time is identical. Consistent? NO, they had given me my slip from my first run! I didn't notice until I got home. I'm an old man. I couldn't read that shit at night at the track.

Oh well, guess I gotta run again for 14's. I'll be watching for your times. Good luck,
MB

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5140 Previous topic | Next topic