Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5107
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just a Mustang GT" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesApr-19-06 09:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5107, "Just a Mustang GT"
Apr-19-06 09:41 PM by Ryan_Hes

I dont post here much but oh well. Tonight on this long road here called Veterans Parkway, super flat and super smooth...nice and long. This Mustang GT with exhaust is cruising Im pacing him at about 40 - he smashes on it so I follow suit.

Im boosting about 13psi, cool night outside too. He mashed on it, it was noticeable he was TRYING to go fast... So I mash on it just after ..As soon as full boost hit it was as if the Mustang were standing still.. I was straight flying. I ran 3rd up to about 100mph just to put the exclamation point on it. I know its just a Mustang GT...but it was fun and I figured id post - It is so exhilerating to completely over run and pass him when he is giving it his all... haha. It was such a joke of a race. I cant believe the margin. Not even a neck and neck ordeal wahatsoever.

I think this clutch has given me a huge improvement. I feel like..more power is going to the ground, or the LSD is working better...cant put my finger on it...

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just a Mustang GT, Moderatorcs82685, Apr-20-06 07:20 AM, #1
RE: Just a Mustang GT, CarbonFiberRST, Apr-20-06 08:16 AM, #2
      RE: Just a Mustang GT, joeck76, Apr-20-06 03:01 PM, #3
           RE: Just a Mustang GT, BlackMagic, Apr-20-06 03:36 PM, #4
                RE: Just a Mustang GT, CarbonFiberRST, Apr-20-06 03:59 PM, #5
                     RE: Just a Mustang GT, cougar694u, Apr-21-06 02:57 AM, #6
                          RE: Just a Mustang GT, EclipseRST, Apr-22-06 06:17 AM, #7

Moderatorcs82685Apr-20-06 07:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5108, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice kill. What year mustang?

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTApr-20-06 08:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#5109, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice, however this is a war story wrong section.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

joeck76Apr-20-06 03:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#5110, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 2

very nice kill, love eating up them big bad v-8's honestly i think it would have been alot fair'er if you wer toned down to about 5 psi. Than it might have been neck to neck. Either way good kill:thumbsup

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

BlackMagicApr-20-06 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#5111, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 3

Nice kill, now where is that justin guy commin to tell you to race HIS mustang.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

CarbonFiberRSTApr-20-06 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#5112, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BlackMagic
Nice kill, now where is that justin guy commin to tell you to race HIS mustang.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing... Maybe he realized what he was doing was lame.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

cougar694uApr-21-06 02:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#5113, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 5

I raced a GST a while back and I spanked him several times until we got on the freeway, then it was hard to pull away, really hard.

Some mustangs are pigs, and some run really well.

Do you remember the body style? Did it have the square tail lights, or were they the rounded, vertical style, or rounded, horizontal style?

Either way, good job.

I can't seem to find anyone to race anymore, except Mach I's that fuck with me. I know better than that. Maybe from a dig, but not on the freeway. I live 8 miles from work and saw 4 in one day on my way home. It's like it's being rubbed in my face because I've wanted one so bad, even when it was a concept back in late 2000, early 2001.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

EclipseRSTApr-22-06 06:17 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#5114, "RE: Just a Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 6

Ryan, how often are you on Veteran's Parkway? Do you go to ISU or frequent Normal?

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5107 Previous topic | Next topic