Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4908
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 GS M/T Times???" Previous topic | Next topic
95EclipseGS n FLAug-24-05 07:32 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4908, "95 GS M/T Times???"
Aug-24-05 07:32 AM by 95EclipseGS n FL

Okay so i just made the switch to the dsm and i have been reading this forum board crazy. All i see are 1/4 mile times with auto and that auto suck, its heavy and all that. I see people saying the eclipse is slow other than a gst and gsx. Whats the real deal with 2g NT M/T???

I use to own a 98 200sx 1.6 with i/h/e. and use to get on honda's now your telling me i cant do that with this car...It feels like it has way more power. Any one every played with a 200sx SE or SER????

Thanks in advanced.... i did searching too and found nothing but A/T times and stuff..

95 Eclipse GS - CAI, 2.5" Cat Back, GST Rims.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, 96rs-t, Aug-24-05 10:09 AM, #1
RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, 95EclipseGS n FL, Aug-24-05 02:36 PM, #2
      RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, Eric, Aug-24-05 05:06 PM, #3
      RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, BlackMagic, Aug-24-05 06:37 PM, #4
RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, cougar694u, Aug-26-05 06:55 AM, #5
RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, jonhix, Sep-04-05 10:25 PM, #6
RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, 95EclipseGS n FL, Sep-14-05 07:07 AM, #7
      RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-14-05 02:29 PM, #8
           RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, 95EclipseGS n FL, Sep-15-05 02:03 AM, #9
           RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, 1999Eclipt, Sep-15-05 08:13 AM, #10
           RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, Bosey85, Nov-09-05 10:08 AM, #11
                RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, TeamDR1665, Nov-09-05 12:44 PM, #12
                RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, BlackMagic, Nov-09-05 07:54 PM, #13
                RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, Justin99RS, Nov-10-05 05:10 PM, #14
                     RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, BlackMagic, Nov-11-05 07:21 AM, #15
                          RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, CarbonFiberRST, Nov-11-05 03:03 PM, #16
                          RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, Justin99RS, Nov-12-05 06:17 AM, #17
                               RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, TeamDR1665, Nov-15-05 07:36 AM, #18
                          RE: 95 GS M/T Times???, Eric, Nov-15-05 05:20 PM, #19

96rs-tAug-24-05 10:09 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4909, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 0

what exactly are you asking here? Are you asking us if your car is slow?

anyway, most guys here that want to get the most out of their 2gnt, drop in a turbo, since that is the most effective way of pulling out more ponies from the motor. It's up to you what you want. You can go buy a CAI/headers/exhaust, but that really isn't going to make you that much faster. Oh, and to answer your only specific question that has nothing to do with a 2gnt, NO.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95EclipseGS n FLAug-24-05 02:36 PM
29 posts,
#4910, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 1

Turbo will be down the road after i build the bottom end...would be no fun to turbo and not be able to go past 8 psi safely. Anyways i was just curious to see what this car can do.. Down here in tampa its filled with honda's. What's the time diff on an auto compared to a manual. Not trying to be a pain....

EricAug-24-05 05:06 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#4911, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 2

generally, a automatic is 1 second slower than a manual.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

BlackMagicAug-24-05 06:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#4912, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 95EclipseGS n FL
Down here in tampa its filled with honda's.

be carefull, a lot of those honda's can probably take you for a walk

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

cougar694uAug-26-05 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#4913, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-26-05 06:58 AM by cougar694u

Originally posted by 95EclipseGS n FL
Whats the real deal with 2g NT M/T???

There's a really helpful site known as google, not sure if you're aware of that one. And a good function on here known as the search

The real deal huh? They're slow & heavy, but you figured that out on your own. Lets put it to you this way, some of the fastest NT 2gnt's have barely reached the 14.99 area with lots of work. I had a lot done & got to a 15.26, and I'd be willing to bet you're never going to get there NA. Stock, with a turbo, you might come close. Built bottom end with a turbo, you'll do better by about .5-.75 of a second, maybe even a full second, possibly even more if you learn your setup really well.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

jonhixSep-04-05 10:25 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2004
89 posts,
#4938, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah down here in tampa is filled with hondas. but most of them are turds with fartcans...which makes them slower...50% of them here have 8" exaust and they lose all their back pressure. What part of tampa are u in?

Jon_Hix
98' RS...almost stock, saving money for the custom turbo kit ^^

95EclipseGS n FLSep-14-05 07:07 AM
29 posts,
#4955, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah i found out the hard way man (Cougar694)this car is heavy ...if it was 800 lbs lighter....wonder if i could pull a lil mor power with udp, 60mm tb,and better ignition ie MSD. I running Royal purple motor oil in her now too...seens to run her a lil bit cooler.

EclipseTenzoRSep-14-05 02:29 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#4956, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 7

Hate to brake it to you bro but na like everyone said we are slow. And dont even race a civic thinking you'll beat it unless you have some heavy na mods, I had just an intake and a my buddies civic had an exhaust and it was 5 speed. Mind you I was automatic but he still owned me by a car and a half, I would not even mess with it. Power to weight ratio will own. Another reason why i hate my car..

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

95EclipseGS n FLSep-15-05 02:03 AM
29 posts,
#4958, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 8

Man that sucks my little 200sx use to run with the honda's...but i guess cuase it was only 2200lbs...and this freaking mammoth of a car is like 3000lbs. But i was planning on turbo anyways....so ill get the cam gears...bigger tb. Ill just skip the headers...i even seen the cheap headers on there for 40 bucks. I was gonna buy them untill i went turbo that way i dont spen tons of money on headers. I can chirp this car and second and even did it in 3rd to very small though...My 200sx never did that.

1999EcliptSep-15-05 08:13 AM
Member since Sep 05th 2005
58 posts,
#4959, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 9

3000lbs? not really, i think they start around 2750 or so, and with a few cf mods (hood and new hatch with lexon) you could drop it to around 2650, then take the back seats out and dont drop some big ass system and your weight shouldnt be a problem

Bosey85Nov-09-05 10:08 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2004
14 posts,
#5005, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Hate to brake it to you bro but na like everyone said we are slow. And dont even race a civic thinking you'll beat it unless you have some heavy na mods, I had just an intake and a my buddies civic had an exhaust and it was 5 speed. Mind you I was automatic but he still owned me by a car and a half, I would not even mess with it. Power to weight ratio will own. Another reason why i hate my car..

(auto...boo) I gota manual 99 GS and some bolt-ons i.e. headers, exhaust, highflow cat, racing intake manifold and V2 intake...no civic dares to try and race me unless turbo or a baddass motor swap and even then it sometimes doesnt help...i will show your little friend what n/t eclipse can do to a civic like that...I race little civics and integras all the time...civics have to have major work to keep up with me...and as you can see my mods are nothin compared to alot of the n/t eclipse here on this site.

Can you handle the power of my GS?

TeamDR1665Nov-09-05 12:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5006, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 11
Nov-09-05 12:44 PM by DR1665

Originally posted by Bosey85
I gota manual 99 GS and some bolt-ons i.e. headers, exhaust, highflow cat, racing intake manifold and V2 intake...no civic dares to try and race me unless turbo or a baddass motor swap and even then it sometimes doesnt help...i will show your little friend what n/t eclipse can do to a civic like that...I race little civics and integras all the time...civics have to have major work to keep up with me...and as you can see my mods are nothin compared to alot of the n/t eclipse here on this site.

Thank you for making me laugh. That was some inspired shit right there. A hatchie with a stock H22 in it will break you off like a KitKat bar. I'd be willing to bet that, if any swapped Honda was actually running you (and not just driving down the road in a lower gear to impress the bitches), you would not be so cavalier in your comments.

The fastest all motor DSM out there right now ran a 15.000. Sadly, that's just not fast enough in most cases. For what it is, it's badass, but in the grand scheme of things, your OBX/Venom intake manifold and bolt-ons don't even put you at 120whp and that's laughable. Sorry.

As for the original guy with the 200SX SE, those things are turds. 1.6L even with a 5spd was like a heavy go-kart. I had to downshift into third and floorboard it just to maintain 60mph uphill. Weakes car I have ever driven, but hey, it was smooth, quiet and loaded with options. Heh.

"I'll show you the power of the NT." LMAO.

BlackMagicNov-09-05 07:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#5007, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 12

chuckle

*form follows function*

Justin99RSNov-10-05 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#5008, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Bosey85
(auto...boo) I gota manual 99 GS and some bolt-ons i.e. headers, exhaust, highflow cat, racing intake manifold and V2 intake...no civic dares to try and race me unless turbo or a baddass motor swap and even then it sometimes doesnt help...i will show your little friend what n/t eclipse can do to a civic like that...I race little civics and integras all the time...civics have to have major work to keep up with me...and as you can see my mods are nothin compared to alot of the n/t eclipse here on this site.

i've got a minimally modded N/A car you can race, anytime you wanna see some shrinking tail lights, just let me know...i wont even touch the laughing gas, cause putting 15 cars on you should be sufficient..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

BlackMagicNov-11-05 07:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#5009, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 14
Nov-11-05 07:21 AM by BlackMagic

no CIVIC dares race me, not quite saying he can beat a mustang. You're really good at calling slow people out to race, in fact i think those are the only posts i ever see you make. "ha you think your cars fast, RACE MY MUSTANG"

*form follows function*

CarbonFiberRSTNov-11-05 03:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#5010, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by BlackMagic
no CIVIC dares race me, not quite saying he can beat a mustang. You're really good at calling slow people out to race, in fact i think those are the only posts i ever see you make. "ha you think your cars fast, RACE MY MUSTANG"

yea, I can't beleive he isn't all over my war story about the tt mustang...

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Justin99RSNov-12-05 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#5011, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 16

i would have said come race my eclipse when i still had it, because i would have crushed him with that too...it just happens that i have a mustang now, and it so happens that its faster than his NT eclipse, the guy needs a reality check..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

TeamDR1665Nov-15-05 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5015, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Justin99RS
the guy needs a reality check..

That's what I was thinking. I mean, I know I talk a lot of shit, but damn. No one "dares?" Give me a fucking break. That was good shit right there. Personally, I liked the part about "Putting 15 cars on you should be sufficient." Sometimes you just gotta take these newbs down a peg or two.

EricNov-15-05 05:20 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#5016, "RE: 95 GS M/T Times???"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by BlackMagic

lol.
Perfect.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4908 Previous topic | Next topic