Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4822
View in linear mode

Subject: "Took the turbo to the track" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMetalJimJul-18-05 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4822, "Took the turbo to the track"

I got a buddy who runs one of those TT 3rd gen rx7s who has been egging me to go to the track lately. I really wanted to hold off till I got to the dyno so I cut turn up the boost a bit, but I went anyway.

14b/1g SMIC @ 8-10psi(I've got boost controller issues).

60' - 2.357
1/8 - 9.656 @ 76.71 MPH
1/4 - 14.76 @ 94.72 MPH

I got that one run in and then they closed the track for rain. I didn't really get a good launch and it was hot as balls so it kind of just sucked.

I did beat the rex though on a holeshot. I nailed the light .018 RT for me and Ken was absolutely sleeping at the tree with a .792 RT. He ended up running a 14.683 but I still whooped him by nearly .7 seconds at the end of the track.

I know my car can run faster than this. It was very hot and very humid when we ran and both of our cars were hot off the street when we ran(from a 1 hour drive, to tech, then pretty much straight onto the track). Ken usually runs around 14.1 when we go so I'm pretty sure I'll see better times the next time I go. Hopefully I'll be able to turn up the boost a bit more before I go again.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.7 @ 87.9mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Took the turbo to the track, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-18-05 06:49 AM, #1
RE: Took the turbo to the track, 96rs-t, Jul-18-05 09:47 AM, #2
      RE: Took the turbo to the track, CustomGS, Jul-18-05 10:20 AM, #3
RE: Took the turbo to the track, BlackMagic, Jul-18-05 11:53 AM, #4
RE: Took the turbo to the track, Moderatorcs82685, Jul-18-05 03:08 PM, #5
      RE: Took the turbo to the track, TeamMetalJim, Jul-18-05 03:14 PM, #6
      RE: Took the turbo to the track, Justin99RS, Jul-20-05 11:19 AM, #7
           RE: Took the turbo to the track, TeamMetalJim, Jul-20-05 05:23 PM, #8
      RE: Took the turbo to the track, CustomGS, Jul-21-05 08:59 AM, #9
           RE: Took the turbo to the track, BlackMagic, Jul-23-05 07:03 AM, #10

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-18-05 06:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4823, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 0

Not bad for your first turbo pass. Rock on, Jim.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tJul-18-05 09:47 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#4824, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-18-05 09:48 AM by 96rs-t

yea, i definitely know you'll pull off a better time. Like ^^^ said, nice for your first turbo pass, but just keep going and pull off a high 13.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

CustomGSJul-18-05 10:20 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4825, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 2

Nice reaction time!!

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

BlackMagicJul-18-05 11:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#4826, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 0

awesome job, now you can change your signature 1/4 mile time

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Moderatorcs82685Jul-18-05 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#4827, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 4

is that on stock internals? btw blackmagic when are we gonna get to see some track numbers for that beast you put together?

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

TeamMetalJimJul-18-05 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#4828, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks. Changed my sig.

The block is built with 10.5:1 CP pistons(ceramic tops, moly skirts) and Eagle rods.

14.76 @ 94.72mph

Justin99RSJul-20-05 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#4833, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 6

still racing at cecil??

if so i'll be up there in august with the stang, we should meet up and run em.

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

TeamMetalJimJul-20-05 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#4834, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 7

I haven't been to Cecil in a while. I've got the(Cecil County Fair) demolition derby to get ready for on the 30th, but let me know if you're goin sometime after that. I've been thinking about trying to make it down there sometime in Aug/Sep cause its only 10 minutes away from my dad's place and I kind of wanted to go racing with him. I'll let you know if I plan anything.

14.76 @ 94.72mph

CustomGSJul-21-05 08:59 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4837, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by cs82685
btw blackmagic when are we gonna get to see some track numbers for that beast you put together?

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

BlackMagicJul-23-05 07:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#4842, "RE: Took the turbo to the track"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by cs82685 btw blackmagic when are we gonna get to see some track numbers for that beast you put together?

in time, in time, i've gotta figure out whats going on with my map sensor, then i gotta break it in, make sure nothing else goes wrong, then i gotta get the 3" turbo back, do some tuning, then the numbers will come. So you've got some waiting to do, and i've only got 1 month before i head off to school

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4822 Previous topic | Next topic