Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4797
View in linear mode

Subject: "HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaJul-04-05 09:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4797, "HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"

Yay yep just as it sez. I went to Iraq for a year and wasn't able to go drifting for 2 years. I missed the first Drift Day Norcal event because I cracked a valve but this time I was determined to make the event this time. Armed with 6 wheels/tires in my arsenal I set out to battle the lots of Golden Gate Fields parking lot and it performed excellently. One thing I knew about Golden Gate Fields from my earlier autoxing days was that the ground was choppy and gravelly so it basically makes for rally cross hehe. And its hell on your tires as I found out later that day.

They had 2 well 3 courses set up. It was setup as an autocross for drifters in mind so you had to follow cones and drift around them. One course was a short course with 3 big S turns. The next course was a long course with a BIG sweeper for the first turn with a runway that'll get you to about 70 MPH then to 2 smaller S turns. Then a skidpad for doing drift donuts and stuff.

Well let's just say I didn't do the skid pad because skid pads are no fun for front wheel drifters unless you got water and trays hehe. Anyway the short course the first time I hit it was awesome like wow my car is sliding and the ebrake works great here. I could drift each turn with left foot brake and ebrake to extend the drift. I found that if I go too much sideways I'll lose momentum big time. I was even able to choki dori the last turn a couple times (chain drift or linked drifting).

Then the big course was even more awesome if its one thing that FFs need for drifting is inertia and you got lots of it here. Luanch yourself at the runway and come into the first turn at oh 50 mph and heel to toe and left foot brake and your sent flying all the way to the big sweeper where I was actually able to drift the entire sweeper a couple times. Then you can chain drift into the other turns. It was kinda hard to see where I was going but it was awesome.

The car performed quite well I was watching EGTs like a hawk and fuel ratio after each run. The car gets a about a minute on the turbos auto timer after one run. Something happened to my SuperFMU also for some reason the fuel pressure was a lot higher than it should be and it wasn't adjusting very much. I think the diaphram might've torn better check that out soon but it was rich so thats ok for now. The New Skool LSD that I bought a while back performed awesome highly recommended upgrades for FF drifters hell for any drifter. It gave me the grip to continue drifting so long as I didn't countersteer too much. Plus this is the first drift even that I have done without the turbo all I had was my ghetto cold air intake and hicomp pistons. So drifting is very possible without the turbo but there were a couple drifts I remember saying that man if I had enough power it might've kept going. Most drift were 2nd gear but I bet with the turbo could do 3rd gear drifts all day long. Hicomp isn't bad its got some decent power up top. My tires got destroyed also I used my old 14s with the ghey stock 70 profile and they survived the whole event but 2 W10s and 2 eagles mounted on the front weren't so lucky hehe but it was worth it time to go tire shopping. A lot of people asked me the usual question also is your car all wheel drive? Hehe then I just tell em nope its a RS front wheel drive

I didn't get to take any pictures also but luckily SRO and mophos.net got pix of me in action! There were also a lot of other awesome cars like a chaser from japan, a supra, turbo ae86, S2000 powered AE86, and more check out the pix at
www.mophos.net
www.streetracing.org

the supra was sick and so was the turbo ae86 I remember they went at it side by side and the supra was walking away from it every drift yeesh thats powa!!!

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CarbonFiberRSTJul-05-05 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4799, "RE: HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice, I REALLY want to see some video of you drifting!! Know of anywhere I can see some video of any ff drifts?

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

silvreclipsersJul-05-05 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#4800, "RE: HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"
In response to Reply # 1

THE DRIFTING RS RETURNS!!

eclipse982nrRSTJul-05-05 01:19 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4801, "RE: HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"
In response to Reply # 2

how come i cant see a fmic
looks like you had some fun though!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

TeamDR1665Jul-05-05 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4802, "RE: HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"
In response to Reply # 3

HADES! Rock on! It's really been two years? Damn. I have been here a while. I think I remember seeing a video of you in action once upon a time. Not my scene, but I definitely think it's cool as hell that you're out there holding it down with the 2GNT.

HadesOmegaJul-05-05 01:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#4804, "RE: HadesOmega drifts the RS after 2 years at Drift Day Norcal July 2nd!"
In response to Reply # 4

yep yep 2 years just about anyway. The reason you don't see the FMIC is that I don't have the turbo installed, I took it off two years ago to get it smogged and well didn't come back for about 2 years so I gotta smog it again. So thats hicomp drifting for ya!

yeah I wish I had some footage of me drifting at least good footage whenever I bring someone to tape I do better drifts on the side of the course that they're not at . I always see lotsa people video taping but I never get to see that footage but if you wanna see some of my drifting I got some in my movies album:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292222189

hopefuly my Z gets up and running soon so I'll have two drift cars, I just kept on thinking during the event, "man if I break this car I got nothing else to drive...."

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4797 Previous topic | Next topic