Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4678
View in linear mode

Subject: "VW GTI" Previous topic | Next topic
DegreEMar-16-05 02:39 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
303 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4678, "VW GTI"

Okay, last month when my car was BONE stock, I ran a stock VW GTI on the 1/8 mile and he walked me by 1-1.5 car lenghts. My track time in the 1/8th mile was a 11.9 seconds... (lol)

Now I have a HomeDepot CAI, OBX Ceramic Coated 4-1 headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% UDP with no PS belt, and a catback exhuast with 2.5inch pipe and a 5" tip, I still have my stock cat to keep backpressure.

I am automatic.

He sees my new mods and wants to run again to see whats up.

what are my chances?

who here is N/A and has walked a VW GTI?

I'm nervous because this will be the first person I race with these new mods.

<--This is our god... god decides our fate. We shall not upset our god. God can and will ruin our lives if we were to upset him.

OBX 4-1 Ceramic Coated Headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% Underdrive pulley, EBay Cold-Air Intake, Holley Air Mass CatBack Exhaust System: 2.5" pipe w/ 5" tip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: VW GTI, CarbonFiberRST, Mar-17-05 10:24 AM, #1
RE: VW GTI, Uberingram, Mar-17-05 11:19 AM, #2
      RE: VW GTI, Blizare, Mar-20-05 12:51 PM, #3
           RE: VW GTI, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-20-05 04:54 PM, #4
                RE: VW GTI, CarbonFiberRST, Mar-21-05 09:35 AM, #5
                     RE: VW GTI, WIDECLIPSE, Mar-21-05 11:21 AM, #6
                          RE: VW GTI, Keith2172, Mar-21-05 01:39 PM, #7
                          RE: VW GTI, CarbonFiberRST, Mar-21-05 05:47 PM, #8
                               RE: VW GTI, WIDECLIPSE, Mar-22-05 02:27 AM, #9
                                    RE: VW GTI, Keith2172, Mar-22-05 01:32 PM, #10
                                         RE: VW GTI, Uberingram, Mar-24-05 06:37 AM, #11
                                              RE: VW GTI, 97esiboosted, Jul-14-05 04:44 AM, #12
                                                   RE: VW GTI, BlackMagic, Jul-14-05 08:03 AM, #13
                                                        RE: VW GTI, soulcontroller, Jul-14-05 03:55 PM, #14
                                                             RE: VW GTI, TeamDR1665, Jul-15-05 05:58 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: VW GTI, a_miller_76, Jul-15-05 12:38 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: VW GTI, slowmitsu, Jul-16-05 04:58 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: VW GTI, a_miller_76, Jul-16-05 12:11 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: VW GTI, BMPDirk, Jul-19-05 04:22 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: VW GTI, a_miller_76, Jul-19-05 01:17 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: VW GTI, silvreclipsers, Jul-19-05 04:21 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: VW GTI, gotboost2394, Jul-21-05 01:34 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE: VW GTI, a_miller_76, Jul-21-05 08:17 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: VW GTI, BlackMagic, Jul-23-05 07:07 AM, #24
                                                                                      RE: VW GTI, totaleclipse_05, Jul-23-05 03:57 PM, #25

CarbonFiberRSTMar-17-05 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4679, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you will still lose. Just do it though, who cares.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UberingramMar-17-05 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4680, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
who cares.

BlizareMar-20-05 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#4686, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 2

Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

EclipseTenzoRMar-20-05 04:54 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#4687, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Blizare
Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.

Stop talking like a stupid smacked ass Honda driver.. lol.. I beieve in racing the car as it is from the factory plus a beefed engine or w/e. I dont believe in winning through weight reduction. I think its cheap.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

CarbonFiberRSTMar-21-05 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4688, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-21-05 09:41 AM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by Blizare Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.
Stop talking like a stupid smacked ass Honda driver.. lol.. I beieve in racing the car as it is from the factory plus a beefed engine or w/e. I dont believe in winning through weight reduction. I think its cheap.

it doesn't matter if its by full interior or the lack of a back seat and front seat and spare tire and speakers. winning is winning.

but you are right, its cheap, in the literal sense... actual race cars don't have all that shit. If you wanna race might as well go all out...

WIDECLIPSEMar-21-05 11:21 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#4689, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Blizare Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.
blah blah blah, ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

hahahahaha you quoted tfatf!!! JDM tyte y0

-Roman

Keith2172Mar-21-05 01:39 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4690, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 6

Why do people ask if they should race before they do it? If you are afraid of losing then you shouldn't be racing, cause you will lose sometimes. Just race the M'Fer and have fun doing it, but do it safely please.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

CarbonFiberRSTMar-21-05 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4691, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-21-05 05:51 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
blah blah blah, ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.
hahahahaha you quoted tfatf!!! JDM tyte y0

That was the intened joke except I couldn't remeber it as vividly as you did... so I was just winging it but I guess you've seen tf&tf enough that its burned into your brain.

WIDECLIPSEMar-22-05 02:27 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#4692, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 8

You have no clue

-Roman

Keith2172Mar-22-05 01:32 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4693, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 9

Support Group status?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

UberingramMar-24-05 06:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4694, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Keith2172
Support Group status?

It's a 12 step program delivered via mail.

97esiboostedJul-14-05 04:44 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2005
125 posts,
#4815, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 11

i can beat stock one

]
http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1326

BlackMagicJul-14-05 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#4816, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 12

congratulations

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

soulcontrollerJul-14-05 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#4817, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 13

with my atx and bolt ons i ran an 18.5

i dont think youll beat him, although i did have my spare, stereo on and a/c on at the time, 18.5 is pretty shitty. i would say turbo and then race him lol.

TeamDR1665Jul-15-05 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4818, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 14

Since this thread is all out of whack now anyways, I think I'll mention that the 2006 GTi is looking to one hell of a sweet hatch. If you haven't seen it yet, check out dieselstation.com and look up the pics. I'm loving the new GTi.

a_miller_76Jul-15-05 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#4819, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 15

VW R32 is fuckin Bad ASSS! 265 NA HP AWD. Try beating those LOL Turbo kit and they run close to 400hp

slowmitsuJul-16-05 04:58 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#4820, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by a_miller_76
VW R32 is fuckin Bad ASSS! 265 NA HP AWD. Try beating those LOL Turbo kit and they run close to 400hp

And it needs every bit of help to haul that boat around. No thanks. The aftermarket for those are decent but very very pricey.

a_miller_76Jul-16-05 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#4821, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 17

They run a 14.5 stock and have been taken down to 11.49 streetable, I wouldn't bitch about it. Besides they're built about a thousand times better than any Eclipse has ever been

BMPDirkJul-19-05 04:22 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#4829, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 18
Jul-19-05 04:25 AM by BMPDirk

i love the r32, but for the price, i wouldnt even consider it. It had 240hp, not 265hp. 14.5 0-60 for 30k isnt really worth it to me. And i read about the HPA turbo kit for the R32, its like $20k+, thats crazy.

And to the thread starter, you will more than likely lose even with those mods. Bolt ons dont do much if anything on NT eclipse's, trust me.

a_miller_76Jul-19-05 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#4830, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by BMPDirk
i love the r32, but for the price, i wouldnt even consider it. It had 240hp, not 265hp. 14.5 0-60 for 30k isnt really worth it to me. And i read about the HPA turbo kit for the R32, its like $20k+, thats crazy. And to the thread starter, you will more than likely lose even with those mods. Bolt ons dont do much if anything on NT eclipse's, trust me.

14.5 quarter mile Like 6 seconds 0-60. Yeah I was off on the 265, that's the German spec. 240 is the US model.

silvreclipsersJul-19-05 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#4831, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 20

the r32 is a fat pig, for the money say hello to Evo/STi

gotboost2394Jul-21-05 01:34 PM
Member since May 02nd 2005
131 posts,
#4838, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 21

You will lose, unless he terribly misses a shift. Is it a 1.8t?

Alot of my friends are into GTI's. One has a 1.8T with intake and exhaust, hes running 14.6 at the track on 18inch OZ rims, they're motors can handle alot of boost on stock internals as well. Im boosted and he still kicked my ass from a stoplight (im somewhere in the low 15's).

However my other friend has a GTI VR6. He runs a good 15.7 at the track with just an exhaust but i still dont think you have a chance. I can beat him with mine tho!

a_miller_76Jul-21-05 08:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#4839, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by silvreclipsers
the r32 is a fat pig, for the money say hello to Evo/STi

Yeah too bad those are ugly as fuck.

BlackMagicJul-23-05 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#4843, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 23

gti's also come in a 2.0 non turbo form with like 115hp, so you MIGHT have a chance on that one, so yea which motor does he have

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

totaleclipse_05Jul-23-05 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#4844, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by BMPDirk
i love the r32, but for the price, i wouldnt even consider it. It had 240hp, not 265hp. 14.5 0-60 for 30k isnt really worth it to me. And i read about the HPA turbo kit for the R32, its like $20k+, thats crazy. And to the thread starter, you will more than likely lose even with those mods. Bolt ons dont do much if anything on NT eclipse's, trust me.

for that kind of money, i would say get a srt-4. those things are pretty nice and only around 21,000. not bad at all for the cash.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4678 Previous topic | Next topic