Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4678
View in threaded mode

Subject: "VW GTI" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
DegreEMar-16-05 02:39 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
303 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4678, "VW GTI"

Okay, last month when my car was BONE stock, I ran a stock VW GTI on the 1/8 mile and he walked me by 1-1.5 car lenghts. My track time in the 1/8th mile was a 11.9 seconds... (lol)

Now I have a HomeDepot CAI, OBX Ceramic Coated 4-1 headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% UDP with no PS belt, and a catback exhuast with 2.5inch pipe and a 5" tip, I still have my stock cat to keep backpressure.

I am automatic.

He sees my new mods and wants to run again to see whats up.

what are my chances?

who here is N/A and has walked a VW GTI?

I'm nervous because this will be the first person I race with these new mods.

<--This is our god... god decides our fate. We shall not upset our god. God can and will ruin our lives if we were to upset him.

OBX 4-1 Ceramic Coated Headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% Underdrive pulley, EBay Cold-Air Intake, Holley Air Mass CatBack Exhaust System: 2.5" pipe w/ 5" tip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
CarbonFiberRSTMar-17-05 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4679, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you will still lose. Just do it though, who cares.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UberingramMar-17-05 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4680, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
who cares.

BlizareMar-20-05 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#4686, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 2

Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

EclipseTenzoRMar-20-05 04:54 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#4687, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Blizare
Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.

Stop talking like a stupid smacked ass Honda driver.. lol.. I beieve in racing the car as it is from the factory plus a beefed engine or w/e. I dont believe in winning through weight reduction. I think its cheap.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

CarbonFiberRSTMar-21-05 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4688, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-21-05 09:41 AM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by Blizare Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.
Stop talking like a stupid smacked ass Honda driver.. lol.. I beieve in racing the car as it is from the factory plus a beefed engine or w/e. I dont believe in winning through weight reduction. I think its cheap.

it doesn't matter if its by full interior or the lack of a back seat and front seat and spare tire and speakers. winning is winning.

but you are right, its cheap, in the literal sense... actual race cars don't have all that shit. If you wanna race might as well go all out...

WIDECLIPSEMar-21-05 11:21 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#4689, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Blizare Take out your backseat top and bottom, big stereo, spare tire, pass front seat and race by yourself and you should take him.
blah blah blah, ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

hahahahaha you quoted tfatf!!! JDM tyte y0

-Roman

Keith2172Mar-21-05 01:39 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4690, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 6

Why do people ask if they should race before they do it? If you are afraid of losing then you shouldn't be racing, cause you will lose sometimes. Just race the M'Fer and have fun doing it, but do it safely please.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

CarbonFiberRSTMar-21-05 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4691, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-21-05 05:51 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
blah blah blah, ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.
hahahahaha you quoted tfatf!!! JDM tyte y0

That was the intened joke except I couldn't remeber it as vividly as you did... so I was just winging it but I guess you've seen tf&tf enough that its burned into your brain.

WIDECLIPSEMar-22-05 02:27 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#4692, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 8

You have no clue

-Roman

Keith2172Mar-22-05 01:32 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4693, "RE: VW GTI"
In response to Reply # 9

Support Group status?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4678 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic