Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4455
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto-x season is over..." Previous topic | Next topic
Moderator992gntSep-26-04 12:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4455, "Auto-x season is over..."

And I finished second in ESP by literally a handful of points. I lost the last two events by .0169 seconds and .020 seconds respectively. Margin between 1st and 2nd place for the season will be around 10 points (you get 100 for a win, and final points for todays event aren't posted yet). At least I lost to another Evo.

Topping my list of excuses would be my totally hammered 2 month old set of v700 VictoRacers - I spun the car today on my first run. I really need some sponsors. On the plus side I should be right in it again next year, and I just picked up a set of John Mueller (RRE) tuned JIC FLTA-2 coilovers. Next year I'll probably do some divisional events, and maybe a national or two.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Auto-x season is over..., mkerley, Sep-26-04 12:33 PM, #1
RE: Auto-x season is over..., Moderator992gnt, Sep-26-04 02:42 PM, #2
      RE: Auto-x season is over..., thegame, Sep-27-04 01:26 AM, #3
           RE: Auto-x season is over..., thegame, Sep-27-04 04:11 AM, #4
                RE: Auto-x season is over..., mkerley, Sep-27-04 07:04 AM, #5
                     RE: Auto-x season is over..., ModeratorVX100, Sep-27-04 09:38 AM, #6
                          RE: Auto-x season is over..., Moderator992gnt, Sep-27-04 09:52 AM, #7

mkerleySep-26-04 12:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4456, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Greg, we have a pretty big regional event down here once a season. If you end up coming down here for it, let me know. I'd like to see you run. I know there's come cinci area people that come down for it.

www.ckrscca.com

Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderator992gntSep-26-04 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4457, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 1

Link is dead.

I've got a 2 day at Putnam next weekend, and that will be it for the year - I'm broke. I've spent almost $1000 on entry fees alone this year, and I need new tires for next weekend (set number 2 since July).

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

thegameSep-27-04 01:26 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#4458, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 2

congrats greg. u came in second, but damn close to 1st. ive still never been to a race yet, not even to watch. oh well. is this track your raceing on around cincy? actually.... where are all the tracks around the cincy/dayton area? i know of a few dragstrips, but what about the other tracks?

off-topic.... but im probably gonna be moving to the dayton area mid-late october, and possibly more around the cincy area next year. the cincy idea is still up in the air (maybe fairfield, west chester, somewhere around there), but ill be moving to xenia first. so once i get a computer and internet down there, ill get ahold of u and maybe hang out n whatnot. we'll see.

^FOR SALE^

thegameSep-27-04 04:11 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#4459, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-27-04 04:29 AM by thegame

damn it... took too long to edit last post. what im looking for is a road course. no cones. something like nelson ledges, mid-ohio, etc...
i think that would be kick ass. i definately wanna do that someday.

^FOR SALE^

mkerleySep-27-04 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#4460, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 4

ooops

http://www.ckrscca.org

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

ModeratorVX100Sep-27-04 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#4461, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 5

I hate loosing by such a close margin, but 2nd place is a good finish regardless... congrats!

Next season, you'll get that 1st place finish.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Moderator992gntSep-27-04 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4462, "RE: Auto-x season is over..."
In response to Reply # 6

That link works I think you were talking about the Tri-Region event, which was held at Kentucky Speedway this year (in August). I didn't go though. I probably will next year.

Brad, I will be at Putnam Park in Indiana this weekend, and probably at Mid-Ohio at the end of April. The Ledges is a cheap track day, but I really seem to use up tires there. Of course running SCCA A sedan pole lap times may have something to do with it too.

Thanks Todd. I'm not too unhappy about coming in second. My competition is really good (but I'm faster on a road course than him!) and this is only my 2nd full year auto-xing and 1st in almost 5 years. Next year I'll keel him.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4455 Previous topic | Next topic