Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4390
View in linear mode

Subject: "My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRAug-27-04 06:04 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4390, "My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"

Take a look at my time slip.. I am number 120.. The only mod I have is a Tenzo short ram intake. And I have an automatic. The way I was running it was redline through everygear just let the tranmission take care of it. I had no idea how to race the auto so I just kept on the gas the whole time.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, soulcontroller, Aug-28-04 05:27 AM, #1
RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, EclipseTenzoR, Aug-28-04 09:19 AM, #2
      RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, oRACLe063, Aug-31-04 04:06 AM, #3
           RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, senseiturtle, Jan-04-05 08:44 PM, #4
                RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, RST95eclipse, Jan-23-05 06:56 PM, #5
                     RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, EclipseTenzoR, Jan-24-05 09:06 AM, #6
                     RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, senseiturtle, Jan-30-05 05:47 PM, #7
RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?, Phaxmohdem, Feb-03-05 02:59 PM, #8

soulcontrollerAug-28-04 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4392, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-28-04 05:27 AM by soulcontroller

nope, thats what my time slip looked like n/a. just an intake and exhaust on my car at the time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRAug-28-04 09:19 AM
2386 posts,
#4393, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 1

What mods support your turbo now? and what turbo setup do you have?

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

oRACLe063Aug-31-04 04:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#4394, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-31-04 04:08 AM by oRACLe063

hey dont fret man .. first off your an atx which means more moving parts and sadly means your slower than the manuals ... bolt on mods beside a turbo will help u somewhat ... i would recommend losing the short ram in favor of a cold air ... also the underdrive pulley helps out in making your car rv up faster which will always help running down the 1320 ... a cat back exaust also wont hurt ..

i ran a 17
2.5 60'
and a 10.9 1/8th

mind u this was on crappy ass tires (the stocker 14's) which didnt give me the launch i hoped for and also at race time my car weighed 2580 with me out of the car .. i hope this helps ...PS it also helps to launch properly ... a slight powerbreak will help u get out of the hole a little faster

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

senseiturtleJan-04-05 08:44 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#4579, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-04-05 08:47 PM by senseiturtle

Your times are accurate for an auto 420a.

I know it's disappointing, but it's the harsh reality of the 420a. It takes a lot of skill and working with the motor to get it to be fast, especially in automatic form. The fastest NA guys (with 5-speeds and lots of mods) are in the mid 15's, which is NOT FAST.

If you don't want to sell/trade your car, I suggest you read up on turbocharging, Final drive mod, and torque converters.

If you're a young guy, who's eclipse is a 1st or 2nd car, I'd save the modding money and spend it on something else. Wait until you can get a different vehicle with factory turbos or engine swap something very lightweight. I really haven't spent much on mods (although I did get to tinker when I had to rebuild the engine after hydrolocking), and I don't really plan on spending any more until I can buy something I can put on a trailer.

15.23 @ 91.80

RST95eclipseJan-23-05 06:56 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#4598, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 4

Trailer queens are not the way to go. If it can't be driven, then why spend the time and money putting it together?

Trade it in for a stronger project or save your money for college.

EclipseTenzoRJan-24-05 09:06 AM
2386 posts,
#4599, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 5

Nah, I'll pass on what you just said.. She is my baby and I'll get her to where I believe is she fit to be. Luckily I don't have to save for college because that is taken care of, but I don't want to sell my baby.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

senseiturtleJan-30-05 05:47 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#4609, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
Trailer queens are not the way to go. If it can't be driven, then why spend the time and money putting it together? Trade it in for a stronger project or save your money for college.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

Trailer queens have their merits. If I'm building a race-only vehicle, I don't want to spare any expense.

Screw complying with emissions, noise regulations, and inspection stickers. If I'm here to kick your ass, I don't want something like a catalytic converter holding me back.

There are AutoX trailer cars too, not just some stupid straight line racing. These guys don't want potholes screwing up their suspensions.

In my opinion, your race vehicle should not be your daily driver. Kinda hard to go to work everyday if you're rebuilding an engine or adding a turbo yourself, one loving piece at a time. When I build a racecar, I want to take my time and do things right.

Am I a mechanic? No. But I do know this- It's one thing to race a car you paid for, and another to race a car you've built.

15.23 @ 91.80

PhaxmohdemFeb-03-05 02:59 PM
Member since May 26th 2003
172 posts,
#4613, "RE: My First Time At The Track.. Is This Wrong?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes sadly that time is correct. I was pissed the first time I went to the track. I had the short RAM intake, GS-T exhaust, and AF/X UDP installed on my car. The fastest time I ran that night was a 17.97. Every other run was in the 18.0-18.2 range.

I haven't been to the track since. A little humiliating/humbling experience. I did manage to edge out some crappy honda civic though that night so I was "proud" of that.

I"m planning on giving my car the Final drive mod as a 100K mile present. (since that would involve changing the tranny fluid as well, which hasn't been done since I bought the poor car at 43K miles).

Maybe when I pay the sucker off I"ll save up for a turbo kit, or something....

My insurance payment is WHAT now?!?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4390 Previous topic | Next topic