Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3919
View in threaded mode

Subject: "First Time Running the 1/4" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiFeb-08-04 02:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3919, "First Time Running the 1/4"
Feb-08-04 02:14 PM by WickedESi

Well here it is,

R/T .669
60' 2.433

330 6.729
1/8 10.274
MPH 67.96

1/4 15.926
MPH 86.79

It's in the 15's but I was wanting to run at least a 15.7, I ran the 1/8th before with much, much less mods, had a shittier 60' than this run and got a higher mph than I did for this run's 1/8 mile trap, so I know there is room for improvement.

I bogged in first and then spun through half of second :/, and w/ yokohama avs tires w/ low pressure in front, and my tokico shocks at 1 in the front and 5 in the rear.

Such shitty driving

I did reach my goal though of getting in the 15's before I turbo my car.

BTW, what does W/S for class mean?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
my1997eclipseFeb-08-04 02:29 PM
Member since Sep 09th 2003
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3920, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 0

good time whats all done to your car? i ran 10.25 in the 1/8 but never ran the 1/4 either

good run

adam underwood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiFeb-08-04 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#3921, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 1

http://2gnt.fullwormage.com

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

my1997eclipseFeb-08-04 03:26 PM
Member since Sep 09th 2003
35 posts,
#3922, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 2

nice . the only thing that was done to my car at the time was cold air intake. i wonder what i would rrun in the 1/4 oh well i guess i might find out one of these days. good run though at least your in the 15s

adam underwood

WickedESiFeb-08-04 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#3923, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by my1997eclipse
the only thing that was done to my car at the time was cold air intake.

I feel dumb.

JWoodleyFeb-09-04 02:08 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#3924, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-09-04 02:10 AM by JWoodley

Good job man! (Wish I could've came down to get some times too. lol) The last time I ran the 1/8, I pulled a 10.12 @ 74. Now that I've got a 60mm TB, motor mount inserts, EVO catback, and a ported polished intake manifold, I should be decently quick. =P BTW, my friends 3/S should breath its first booosted breath tonite! 5-7psi. w00t.

BreezioFeb-09-04 03:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#3925, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 0

get your 60ft down to 2.3 where it's supposed to be and you'll hit your 15.7 1/4 mile mark.

ModeratorVX100Feb-09-04 02:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3926, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-09-04 02:39 PM by VX100

That's a good time. You can defenitely shave another tenth or two if you keep working on that launch. Very good for your first time out
here's to faster runs in the future

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamMetalJimFeb-14-04 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#3934, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah man - good run

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.7 @ 87.9mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Dave41079Feb-20-04 01:15 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
485 posts,
#3945, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 8

No matter how much street racing or stoplight racing you do, people always feel nervous their first time at the track. I know I did. You know everyone is watching you and if you screw up, they'll know. It will definitely get better with experience and getting used to being at the track. I ran a 10.4@67 with a short ram, blown struts, bald tires, and a slipping clutch. My average run for that day was a 10.6 though. That was about a year and a half ago. I have so many little things I need to fix on my car so I can see what it will do now. Keep it up, and I see better than a 15.7 run in your future.

EDIT: I just realized this wasn't your first time at a track since you had 1/8th times before. But being at a different track can be a little intimidating as well.

Lets just say this... I'm over 100whp and soon to cross 200whp. Thanx 2GNT! Now if I could only learn to prove it.

WickedESiFeb-20-04 10:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#3946, "RE: First Time Running the 1/4"
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-20-04 10:22 AM by WickedESi

Yeah, I wish I could blame it on being nervous, like I was the first time I ran the 1/8th, but it was more just an adrenaline rush this time.

A top of the other conditions I listed above I think that my rear motor mount (despite having ES inserts) is broken, and my halfshaft is FUBAR.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3919 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic