Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3667
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Nov-14-03 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3667, "Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"

I finally got around to checking the 2GNT times section and saw that this guy has a 14.60 ET in the 1/4 all motor. Does anyone know him? What's his SN here?

I've heard some people calling BS whenever the subject comes up, and considering I've been in a couple of decent threads with the likes of Thura, Michael, and Todd and never heard his name come up, I'm kind of curious as to whether or not he even exists.

I got the idea last night to be able to sport a license plate that says "FSTSTNT" by the next shootout. I know I have work to do, but how long has it been since anyone's heard anything from this Billy Mackendrick guy? If he no longer has the 2GNT all motor, then all I have to do is beat Todd by about .400 sec (no easy feat!) to acheive my goal and get that tag. If he's still out there somewhere and doing the all motor thing, then I have to beat Todd by over half a second and that's going to make my goal much more demanding.

Input please. World's "Fastest NT" in the making.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, grain, Nov-14-03 07:53 AM, #1
RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, ModeratorVX100, Nov-14-03 10:42 AM, #2
      RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-15-03 10:12 PM, #3
           RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, steve0677, Nov-16-03 02:46 AM, #4
           RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, icedout, Nov-16-03 06:42 AM, #5
                RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, TeamDR1665, Nov-17-03 06:32 AM, #6
                     RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, Initial DSM, Nov-17-03 07:13 AM, #7
                     RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, ModeratorVX100, Nov-17-03 09:53 AM, #8
                          RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, TeamAvenger, Nov-17-03 10:07 AM, #9
                               RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, ModeratorVX100, Nov-17-03 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?, TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-17-03 06:58 PM, #11

grainNov-14-03 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3668, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-14-03 07:56 AM by grain

i think his name was billy mack. i've read some threads with his input in them. i thought that someone else has a high-comp all motor in the 14's aswell. i think motofool maybe? eh cant remember.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Nov-14-03 10:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3669, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-14-03 10:44 AM by VX100

Billy is up in Canada. I don't know him myself, and I don't know what he had done to his car. I remember him saying he had some kind of really extreme change in his final drive (I think mostly, or at least partly, due to smaller tires) and that his car certainly wasn't streetable with the mods it had. Besides, that, your guess is as good as mine. I think the reason why me, Mike, Thura, and others don't mention his car is because none of us were really sure what was done to that car.

While I haven't seen the car run, there's no reason he didn't run 14s, it's defenitley possible, it's just no one else has bothered or gotten a clean run at the track (that we know of).

I don't know of anyone else who ran 14s all motor. Certainly no one else on the board, at least with a 2.0. Maybe Skrila did it with his 2.4 way way back.

And speaking of way way back, good old Eric R. had TONS of mods done to his car, but I never remember him ever getting a clean run at the drag strip with it (I think he was breaking stuff on a regular basis too). So he parted out his car (who do you think got his intake manifold? ) and sold it. I heard he runs RX-7s now.

So, last I heard Billy has a turbo kit now. So, of all the people out there, who still is running all motor, you've still got to beat me

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-15-03 10:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3673, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 2

Dr - look in http://www.2gnt.com/www/homeimages/

Billy Mack's timeslip is in there. This is the only evidence we have that he is the fastest 2GNT-NT out there. You decide what the truth is - its your choice.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

steve0677Nov-16-03 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#3675, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 3

i vote for todd

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

icedoutNov-16-03 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#3676, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
Dr - look in http://www.2gnt.com/www/homeimages/ Billy Mack's timeslip is in there. This is the only evidence we have that he is the fastest 2GNT-NT out there. You decide what the truth is - its your choice.

I could submit a timeslip for 12's and say my 2g did it.... i wannna see it on VIDEO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

TeamDR1665Nov-17-03 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#3683, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks for the link D1. It's a pretty generic slip imo, but I'll give him credit. I mean, it's not like he's MLP or anything.

If all else fails, all I have to do is nudge Todd out the way and I'm still fastest in the country. And to the naysayers? You just wait until the shootout. I am so going this next year...

Hey Todd,
"Object in the mirror are gaining."

Initial DSMNov-17-03 07:13 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#3684, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 6

Ive noticed Skrilla online the past few days. He's an all motor 2.4 with approx 210whp so watch out...

ModeratorVX100Nov-17-03 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3687, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 6

>If all else fails, all I have to do is nudge Todd out the way and >I'm still fastest in the country.

Easier said than done!

>And to the naysayers? You just wait until the shootout. I am so going this next year...

Great, we need more peeople to show up. I look forward to seeing you there.

>Hey Todd, "Object in the mirror are gaining.

heh, I may be recently unemployed, but I'm still modding my car too! So maybe "objects in front of you are getting smaller"

here's to friendly competition

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamAvengerNov-17-03 10:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#3688, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by VX100
heh, I may be recently unemployed, but I'm still modding my car too!

Huh? What happened Todd? When did it happen?

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

ModeratorVX100Nov-17-03 05:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3694, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 9

check here Thura

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=13059&mesg_id=13059&page=

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamMichael_97RSNov-17-03 06:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#3695, "RE: Does anyone know this Billy Mackendrick?"
In response to Reply # 10

I may be broke... but I'm, far from done. If IO was as good a driver as Todd, watch out.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3667 Previous topic | Next topic